With more than 8500 people around the globe, GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Serving clients across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD people share a passion for exceeding the expectations of our clients and contributing to their success. |
Our Vancouver, British Columbia office is looking for a mid-level Environmental Engineer ready to join our growing Canadian Operations as a project coordinator within the Site Investigation and Remediation Group.
*This position will be a temporary position with a duration of about 12 months.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior staff in all aspects of project work including project development, scheduling, budgeting, analysis and reporting
- Coordinating and implementing the development of environmental investigation and remedial design work plans, including Phase I and II ESAs and hazardous material assessments
- Working with senior staff in developing viable remedial options for contaminated sites and implementing the remedial work plans
- Coordinating environmental investigation/remedial work plans including the coordination of field activities, managing field personnel, analytical set up and directing subcontractors, completing Phase I ESAs
- Coordinating technical resources and personnel
- Preparing technical reports including Phase I ESAs, environmental investigation reports, remedial alternative / design / action plans, design project specifications, bid documents, and regulatory submissions
- The compilation, reduction and interpretation of various data, evaluation of environmental regulations and preparation of environmental reports
- Construction contract administration and management of field oversight staff
- Review and interpretation of provincial and federal acts and regulations
- Assisting with business development and preparing proposals
- Some travel to sites throughout BC and Alberta
- Oversight and implementation of field investigations
Ideally we're looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering or other relevant engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental engineering including field work
- Having obtained your Professional Engineering license is required
- Strong understanding and experience of the BC Contaminated Sites Regulation and associated guidance, protocols, etc. is required
- Ability and willingness to travel to undertake field work is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions and lifting up to 50lbs)
- Experience managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
- Must be flexible with project types and responsibilities
- Proven project and client management skills are an asset
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication is required to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume via the link below.