|Job Ref:||1045568||Employer:||KBR, Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Qatar||City:||DOHA||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:01|
Pavement Specialist |
Location • Qatar
Full Time •
The Pavement Specialist will be appointed to support the EXW Engineering Manager as well as the Quality and Construction and Logistics Managers. The Pavement Specialist will oversee, coordinate and manage the programme management requirements for the design and supervision of the works undertaken by the Supervision Consultants for works relating to the construction of pavements from subgrade to asphalt finishing.
He will work closely with the Construction Project Managers to ensure that the correct procedures are followed for the management and implementation of all pavement works.
He will also work closely with the EXW Quality Assurance team to audit and monitor the activities required for the inspection, testing and acceptance of the works.
• Minimum of 25 years practical experience and expert knowledge of design and construction including materials and processes for major transportation infrastructure and large highway projects
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience over and above the minimum requirement with recognition of expertise by an internationally recognized professional body for persons working in the field of asphalt technology and related disciplines.
• Demonstrated high level technical competence in specific discipline areas as needed.
• Knowledge of world leading pavement material standards and construction best practices is essential with a strong emphasis on asphalt pavements. Good knowledge of Qatar's QCS 2014 is valuable.
• Proven management, leadership, communication and client interface skills
• Fluency in English language both written and spoken
• Direct experience with supervising pavement construction methods, material and testing
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
The Pavement Specialist role as delegated by EXW Engineering Manager may include:
• Assist the Construction Project Managers in the implementation, inspection, testing and acceptance of the asphalt pavement works.
• Assist the Quality team on the testing procedures required for the acceptance of the works.
• Advise and assist in the selection of the materials and design mixes required for the asphalt pavement works
• Provide advice on the materials, working practice and testing procedures required for the sub-base and sub-grade works.
• Liaise and coordinate with PWA and ANAS on the inspection and testing plan being proposed for the asphalt works.
• Provide recommendations for improvements on the design and construction activities of the asphalt pavement works.
• Assist on the audits, inspections and approvals of test laboratories, and provide specialist advice on the interpretation of the test results.
• Provide advice to the Contractors, as and when necessary, for the implementation of the asphalt pavement works.
• Participate on the audits, inspections and approvals of asphalt plants.
• Advice on the proposal to recycle materials for the sub-grade, sub-base and asphalt works.
• Review method statements and procedures for the asphalt works.
• Provide training support for field staff and inspectors responsible for the implementation of the asphalt works
• Provide advice on the implementation and use of PMB for the asphalt works.
• Presentations and client interactions