|Job Ref:||EMP373655||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Petersfield||Address:||Post Code:||GU31||Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety Management to join their growing team in Petersfield. The EHS Manager will ensure that environmental health and safety risks are kept to a minimum through effective compliance with EHS policies, procedures and legislation. |
Environmental, Health and Safety Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides advice and guidance on environmental health and safety matters
• Accident investigation, root cause analysis, accident reporting (RIDDOR) and maintaining all accident records.
• Work in conjunction with Department Managers to assist in the compilation of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, policy writing, training and Behavioural Based programs.
• Conduct and report on EHS MS Audits and inspections to ensure site compliance with Safety and Environmental processes, procedures legal compliance register
• Develop and amend site EHS policies and procedures as required by business needs and changing legislation.
• Maintain records, attend meetings and assist in specification of PPE
• Ability to control and administrate the on site fire team and fire marshals, devise a programme of fire evacuation drills across the site and carry out the programme.
• Ensure effective management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste collections from site is in place to meet corporate and legal requirements
• Undertake minor projects and assist in major projects under the direction of your manager- Support to Projects team / Change management
• Coordinate EHS Capital funding and Planning
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working within an EHS environment
- Experience dealing with Environmental, Health and Safety issues
- Technical and written communication skills to ensure legal compliance regarding policies, procedures, training and programmes
- Auditing experience
- Experience conducting Risk Assessments