Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer. |
The primary purpose of the Bid Manager is to be the person in charge of specific bid-management activities to ensure the successful delivery of a bid or a number of bids. It requires professional bid management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder NA role reports to the Head of Bids and will be based in Crawley, West Sussex.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities.
- Manage the preparation of prequalification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to bid.
- Participate in Bid Kick-Off meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Bid Team.
- Manage the creation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance, leading to the creation of a high quality proposal.
- Work effectively with Capture Leader to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the Thales offering
- Ensure that cost estimates / target budgets are provided with support of Systems Engineering / Product Management.
- Ensure that cost estimates are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing
- Ensure that effective Gate Business Cases are prepared for specific opportunities.
- Support the Sales/Capture Lead in any customer negotiations and presentations.
- A proven track record of delivering successful bids.
- Can demonstrate the ability to construct of solutions that meet the markets need both commercially and technically
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management) and Bid Life Cycle
- Previous experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions.
- Working knowledge of industry standard approaches to bid management (such as Shipley Capture Bench).
- The ability to directly successfully manage a bid team and to drive solutions to successful conclusion.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
- Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s)
- Commercial, financial and business acumen.
- Highly desirable to have knowledge of Air Traffic Management Systems
Play a key part of a forward thinking team, apply now.