Under the general supervision of theSenior Vice President, Social Infrastructure, the Executive Assistant (EA)performs a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties requiring a thorough knowledge of organizational NA EA also supports members of the Senior Management Team as NA.|
This position requires the ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative while projecting a tactful, diplomatic and professional appearance at all times.
- Provide executive administrative support
- Create and manage specific documentation, correspondence, distribution, photocopying etc.
- Establish and maintain various filing systems
- Screen requests and identify issues to determine priority
- Coordinate and provide meeting set-up for internal and external meetings as well as international meetings
- Co-ordinate all facets of executive itineraries including travel, identifying problems and shifting priorities in order to adjust schedules if necessary
- Responsible for the production of corporate documents and correspondence
- Conduct specific research as directed
- Participate in team coordination and strategy meetings related to the department and workload planning
- Responsible for the incoming mail process and following up with appropriate action
- Screen incoming calls and exercise discretion as to the referral of telephone calls, response to internal and external inquiries and re-routing of callers to other departments where appropriate
- Communicating and interacting with an assortment of individuals in a wide range of situations requiring tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations used for high-level meetings
- Participate as required in the organization and set-up of department related promotional events
- Report preparation and presentation development
- Organization of hotel accommodations and transportation for senior out of town visitors
- Planning, organizing and follow-up on details relative to offsite company functions including invitations, selection of menus, seating arrangements
- Preparation of expense reports, review of credit card statements and allocation of expenses
- Communicate sensitive information to senior management/external sources and often handling confidential information
- Other related general administrative duties as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a senior administrative assistant
- Experience within the construction industry is an asset
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Superior attention to detail
- Superior communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a focus on deadlines, using initiative and requiring minimal supervision
- Logical with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Tactful and assertive
- Previous experience planning large-scale events
- Previous experience with SAP is an asset
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.