|Job Ref:||018451||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Santa Clara||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 00:06|
The Global Systems Integrators (GSI) partners are a critical component of HDS's selling ecosystem. Over the years we have seen our revenue, relevance and relationships increase dramatically. Further, the scale and criticality of the GSI partners' business and their relevance in the markets we serve has substantially increased. Therefore, these "market makers" represent one of the largest and most strategic opportunities for us as an organization. It is imperative we refine our strategy, further invest in our team and lead strong execution across the Americas Geo, aligning with a "global strategy" while driving local execution. |
As a key member of the Americas Sales, and Partners & Alliances leadership team; reporting directly to the VP of Sales, Americas Partners & Alliances, the Senior Director - Americas GSI will lead our GSI Partner team and GSI Sales Pursuit Team. This role will lead the Americas GSI GTM Strategy, drive revenue and execution in the Americas while also aligning and executing collaboratively with the global teams. In addition, this role will refine and expand our Americas GSI Go-To-Market capabilities, enhance partner enablement, drive / own GSI sales engagements with the Americas Sales Teams, and leverage our overall GSI program. Collaboration with Geo leadership and associated GSI-dedicated teams is integral to the success of this business and our evolution of these partnerships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute the next-generation Americas GSI business strategy, which covers short, medium and long(er) term durations. The strategy will include: segmentation of partners, focused solutions aligned to specific partners, driving ownership and accountability with a dedicated GSI sales team, and a broad-based set of growth objectives and execution plans.
• Assess our business structure, talent and program capabilities for today and tomorrow, including an alignment to the global strategy.
• Market and partner assessment, which will determine classification of partners, coverage models, distinct partner and industry strategy as well as solution modeling for alignment and business plan objectives.
• Establish medium and long term business objectives, including investment plans and company-level strategy shifts required to significantly grow the GSI and HDS business.
• Own and/or manage the ownership and assignment of all primary partner executive relationships as part of the broader strategic direction.
Skills and Experience
• Undergraduate Degree in Business (MBA preferred), Computer Science, Information Systems Technology or Commensurate degree.
• Experience with the Americas GSI market place, and knowledge of their practices / GTM strategies, and existing relationships are key.
• 10 years of work experience selling solutions, programs or services in the technology industry; preferably in Fortune 2000 companies.
• Demonstrated track record of significant accomplishment in a leadership role, including successful development of strategy and execution plans.
• Executive presence to relate to all levels within partners, customers and our internal organization.
• Global Team management experience; proven track record to lead through influence
• Proven experience working with managing partners and establishing new relationships which will create new business opportunities
• Relationship Management - ability to build consensus and to work with different cultural interest and sensitivities in the global ecosystem. Demonstrated ability to lead in a highly complex, matrix work environments with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong business acumen and capable of developing and managing strategic partners with partners and sales teams.
• Exceptional organization, communication, problem solving and time management skills.
• Flexibility to travel 60-70% of the time.
Cultural Fit / Elements
• HDS is looking for candidates who are balanced, compassionate, and wise. The culture emphasizes a greater good and maintaining the balance of things. Having a big-world view is key for this role.
• The culture also indicates that there will be a better fit with candidates who are hands on and care about building positive relationships and working collaboratively.
• Other personal characteristics:
o Style: A person of mild temperament, but strong determination and motivation; someone who instills urgency across the organization to meet objectives and deliver value.
o Impeccable Integrity: An individual of unquestioned integrity, moral character, ethics and values; generous and respectful, one whom the organization can trust without reservation. Politically astute but not political.
o Driven: A performance-focused individual who competes against him or herself to achieve success and perform at the highest level.
o Excellent Communication Skills: Comfortably commands a room/audience through competency and effective public speaking skills. Maintains an open flow of two-way communication, exhibiting strong verbal, written and presentation skills, stating expectations clearly and being visible to all stakeholders.
o Mentor/Coach: Strong role model, and mentor to his/her team. Is an involved and passionate leader that is visible and can inspire bringing others along without dictating.
o Analytical: Must have an analytical mindset to drive analyses and synthesize complex data into insightful information that is relevant and critical to growing the business.
o Intelligent: A person with strong intellectual capabilities who can hold his/her own yet support the ultimate decision. A creative thinker who is willing to acknowledge the past and build forward.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.