Assistant Quantity Surveyor Contract Type: Permanent |
About the Role The Contract Technician will assist in managing and optimising delivery of a CA Minewater Confluence Contract whilst providing commercial support to the wider team and associated departments. The successful candidate may work with other internal teams to ensure that Severn Trent's Business Plan targets are met, in addition, there will be a need to work successfully with customers and external stakeholders.
The primary focus of the role will be to strengthen the existing Contract Management function for Severn Trent's £50 million, 10 year, CA Confluence Contract for Management, Operations and Maintenance of Mine Water Treatment Facilities.
This new role would suit a graduate at an early stage of their career who is seeking to develop a career in contract management and will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to be involved in the preparation of monthly reports, optimising financial and contractual performance and contribute to driving efficiencies.
The key duties of the role are to:
- Provide day to day Contract administration and support for the CA Minewater Confluence Contract
- Assist in managing Conject (project collaboration software) as the principle method of communication, management of contract information and project design collaboration.
- Prepare, review and submit Task Order Quotes, Early Warning Notices and the like for acceptance and authorisation by the Service Manager.
- Add additional activity to the Plan and amend the price list accordingly.
- Assist in revising the Plan each month to reflect completed works and submit to the Service Manager for acceptance
- Assist in the production of monthly financial reports and other reporting as required by the contract
- Support the team in optimising financial and contractual performance of the contract
- Track and record Contract Variations and Changes and cascade to business teams
- Support and advise colleagues on routine contractual matters
- Attend weekly & monthly CA review meetings
- Contribute towards driving efficiencies and streamlining processes and procedures
- Possesses excellent people and relationship development skills
- High competence in Microsoft packages particularly word and excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of initiative
- Experience or awareness of service and asset management contracts
- Working knowledge of the NEC3 suite and other standard forms of contract
- Experience of working in the water or waste sectors is preferred but not essential
- The highest standards in attention to detail
- A 'Customer First' approach for internal and external customers
- Good awareness of commercial and financial business aspects
- Ability to convey information both verbal / written or in any other format, in a clear and concise format, drawing conclusions, clarifying points and making recommendations, where appropriate
- A contract management background, ideally in a service environment
- Experience of using digital document management systems
About Us Everyday Severn Trent Water delivers 2.4 billion litres of water to 8 million customers and removes 1.4 billion litres of waste water through a network of pipes, sewers and drains long enough to circle the earth twice. We clean the water at 1026 treatment works before it's fit to return to our regions rivers. We do all this for £325 a year per household - the countries lowest average bill.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business Studies, QS, Engineering)
If you share our high standards and, like us, you're always looking to progress, you'll be in your element working here.
Apply Be part of the future of our water. In return, we offer a structured career path and excellent rewards including 25 days holiday, a contributory pension, life assurance and personal accident cover, discounts on shopping, energy bills and Severn Trent shares.