|Job Ref:||BACENG||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Burscough||Address:||Post Code:||L40||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 50,000 per year, Full Package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:18|
Principal Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer|
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting Main Contractor in the Merseyside area. They are looking for a Principal/ Senior Design Engineer who is motivated, great work ethic, focused and flexible to join their business.
Role & Responsibilities
* Prepare robust yet competitive designs in accordance with Works Procedures. Designs to cover bearing piles and retaining walls (secant/contiguous/diaphragm walls), and use all techniques (CFA, rotary, minipile).
* Provide technical and design support to all BSL departments. This will require both the ability to work as an individual and as part of a team depending on the project.
* Attend external meetings with Clients as part of tendering teams
* Contribute to the continued improvement of the design process within the department.
* Keep up to date with current technological and design developments through Continuing Personal Development.
* Mentoring students and graduate designers
* Support Chief Engineer in maintaining assurance levels through ensuring internal procedures are followed, and involvement in internal and external audits
Knowledge & Experience required
* Chartered Engineer or close to chartered status with a Degree or Masters level qualification
* Preferably 10 years or more direct experience in the design and construction of deep foundations
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in written form both internally and externally.
* Detailed working knowledge of the latest geotechnical and structural design methods and design codes along with their application in the design of piles and embedded retaining walls.
* Good knowledge of software packages such as WALLAP, Oasys suite (Adsec, Adcol)
* Ability with Finite Element software no required but would be advantageous
* Good working knowledge of construction processes, methods and site practices.
* Understanding of designer's role and responsibilities under current legislation.
* Ability to identify, assess and highlight technical and commercial risks.
The Skills Required
* Specialist education in civil engineering or geotechnics / geology
* Excellent knowledge of design codes and standards within the sector
* Full eligibility to work in the UK
* Full UK driving licence
* Excellent IT skills
* Pays high attention to details
* Accurate and meticulous
* A full clean driving licence.
* Manager/CSCS Card required
To join an exciting and established team in Merseyside as a Principal Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer then apply now to Daryl Richardson on NA or email
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Principal/Senior/Design/Engineer/construction/deep foundations/geotechnical/structural/design methods/technical/commercial