|Job Ref:||SPM3||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Motherwell||Address:||Post Code:||ML1||Salary:||£ 65,000 - £ 80,000 per year, car, pension & package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:18|
Randstad CPE are recruiting an experienced Project Manager on behalf of a reputable civil engineering contractor based in Glasgow.|
This role is for a Senior Project Manager and will cover sites in the central belt of Scotland. This role requires someone who has had previous experience delivering complex heavy civil engineering projects in the region of around £30m.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to get involved with a successful contractor who are involved in the civil engineering sector. This is a permanent role.
As Project Manager, this will be a mix of office and site based work and reporting directly to the MD, and you will be supervising the site foremen and engineers to deliver construction projects throughout the UK. Your responsibilities will include the following:
* Planning, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the project's lifespan and ensuring compliance with project's budgets and programme
* Ensuring the accurate setting out and surveying of all aspects of the works
* Interpreting Engineering drawings and specifications and ensure the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements
* Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Manager and foremen to ensure timely construction of the works
* Participating in the site management team and ensuring adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources available in a timely manner to comply with project's timescales
* Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitor their performance including financial throughout the project
* Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress including financial CVRs on their project including forecasts on completion
* Identifying potential problem areas including financials in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions made within forecast accounts
* Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts
* Actively resolving contractual issues with both clients and suppliers to ensure maintenance of positive company image
* Preparing Quality, Environmental and H&S Construction Plans in timely manner
* Ensuring company procedures and systems on Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental are implemented and complied with on site
* Actively promoting training and providing guidance to staff, to fully develop their construction competencies
To be considered for this Project Manager role the following experience, knowledge and skills are required:
* Minimum 12 years experience in the civil engineering and construction industry. Experience with a main contractor.
* HNC/Degree qualification in civil engineering or equivalent
* Proven experience as a Project Manager within the construction industry.
* Good organisational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
* Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project 2000, Project Costing Software, CAD and Terramodel surveying packages.
* A high level of communication and language skills to orally present reports, information and responses, and chair and hold and participate in meetings with clients and other parties.
* Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedures.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
For more information please call Paul Logan on either NA or NA or alternatively send an up to date CV.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.