|Job Ref:||SQS10||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 58,000 per year, car, pension & package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:18|
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor?|
Interested in working with a leading UK contractor and being involved in high profile major projects?
Randstad CPE are working on behalf of a successful large contractor with a track record of delivering a range of heavy civils projects across the UK. The client is based in Glasgow and cover projects all over Scotland.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the implementation of commercial and procurement management and reporting systems and procedures. There will be particular focus on procurement, risk minimisation, pricing of variations and day-to-day management of contracts to the value of £60 million.
Main Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
* Establish and manage all post contract commercial and procurement systems and procedures. Develop organisation, training and communications accordingly.
* Responsible for risk management, commencing with review of tender documentation.
* Work with senior managers to plan, forecast and subsequently report project commercial performance.
* Consolidate individual contract reports into monthly management accounts, working with finance department.
* Forecast and manage cash flow through submission and agreement of applications and final accounts.
* Work with senior management to maximise commercial benefit of all contracts and effectively manage contract variations.
* Establish procedures to meet required standards (internal and external).
* Develop partnership initiatives with customers and suppliers.
* Ensure the necessary expertise is available to support dispute management efforts with clients and sub-contractors.
* Ensure commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts are managed from procurement to interim and final account agreement. Support development of Sub-Contractor and Major Supplier Contract Agreements.
* Maintain functional (commercial) communications with Group.
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor will be degree qualified, ideally charted with proven experience within the civils industry. You will have experience of evaluating and managing all contractual risks and working with the Project Management team to maximise the commercial benefits of all responsible contracts.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a comprehensive package which includes a competitive salary, company car or car allowance, private health care, generous pension scheme with 14% contribution as well as an excellent opportunity for ongoing professional development.
To apply send an up to date CV along with your salary requirements.
Alternatively call Paul Logan for a confidential chat on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.