|Job Ref:||ESC2||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leeds||Address:||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 45,000 per year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:18|
Are you an existing Estimater looking to elevate & progress you career? You are in luck, we are currently working with a well established geotechnical specialists based in Yorkshire. |
My Client, one of the UK's leading geotechnical specialists with a reputation for quality and innovation within the field of foundation and underground engineering are looking for an experienced Estimating Manager to join a forward thinking team based in Leeds.
* Company Car /Car Allowance
* Pension Scheme
* fantastic Career progression
* 25 days annual leave
The current team is made up of a diverse range of highly skilled and motivated individuals. If you would like to join and contribute to a hardworking team you must have and be able to demonstrate:
* Good understanding of the geotechnical and environmental industries.
* 5yrs UK Geo-environmental experience.
* Degree qualified and registration with appropriate professional body.
* Understanding of key standard forms of contract (ICE, ICC, NEC), standard specifications and methods of measurement.
* Knowledge of GIS plant capabilities.
* Knowledge of company procedures
* Excellent computer skills particularly Excel, Project and company Lotus Databases
* Ability and willingness to negotiate with Clients both by telephone and at meetings in order to secure work and promote the company
* Effective management of ones time to ensure deadlines are met, ability to work under pressure.
* Team player.
The main pirpose of the role is to provide an estimating service to the company, assisting in the procurement of contracts in accordance with the company estimating procedures. Involved with both Site Investigation and GES business streams.
* To undertake the initial assessment of enquiries, completion of CR10's
* To prepare tenders using company risk assessments, progress calculators and calculation sheets that are commercially competitive and qualified where necessary
* To deliver timely submissions meeting agreed deadlines
* To complete tender stage programmes
* To obtain accurate and up to date materials and sub-contractor quotations
* To liaise with the Commercial, Operations, Proposals and Technical departments to maximise beneficial opportunities and reduce risk to SEGL
* To liaise with potential Clients & Engineers providing information and solutions
* To maintain the Enquiry Database with up to date information e.g. tender follow up records & updating enquiry status.
* To assist other estimators and regional office managers with completion of bids as required
* To prepare hand-over packages (CR14'se).
If you're looking to take the next-step in your career by joining an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.