|Job Ref:||EMC1||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 60,000 per year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:18|
Are you an existing Estimating Managerlooking to elevate & progress you career? You are in luck, we are currently working with a well established geotechnical contractor based in Yorkshire. |
My Client, one of the UK's leading geotechnical contractors with a proven capability in all elements of ground investigation and stabilisation are looking for an experienced Estimating Manager to join a forward thinking team based in Leeds.
* Company Car /Car Allowance
* Pension Scheme
* fantastic Career progression
* 25 days annual leave
The current team is made up of a diverse range of highly skilled and motivated individuals. If you would like to join and contribute to a hardworking team you must have and be able to demonstrate:
* Knowledge and Experience Required:
* The role requires a first degree in a civil engineering or a geological subject and a valid CSCS card.
* Membership of a relevant professional body (ICE or GeolSoc) is desirable Experience and good technical/engineering knowledge of ground engineering processes Is required.
* The individual will be both focussed and thorough and have the gravitas and professional credibility to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken.
* They will have advanced knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques, and a thorough understanding of construction, contracts and terminology.
* The individual will, therefore, be a subject matter expert with a good understanding in other areas in the engineering field, and significant experience in estimating, proposals, project execution or business development, preferably gained in Ground Investigations and grouting. Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
* The individual will be customer centric in approach, with the ability to recognise potential opportunities in invitations to tender. The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the ground engineering business.
* The individual will have a keen eye for detail and great organisational skills, and is able to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, and demonstrate having driven a team to meet targets.
* A high level of Computer literacy is also required (Word, Excel, Visual Basic, etc..).
* The individual will have excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills; will be well spoken and personable; and able to get on with diverse personalities.
* They will have strong analytical and reasoning abilities, be highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
* They will be Confident and resourceful, and have proven evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach.
* The individual will be highly self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team. •
* Driving license holder essential due to travel in role.
The desired outcome being to secure work for the company by managing and co-ordinating all estimating aspects of our bids, to assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines, ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in a manner consistent with the business strategy and procedures. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Operations team.
* Lead the bid process to ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner.
* Coordinate multiple estimates simultaneously as well as review responsibility for multiple estimates or large estimates.
* Recruitment and development of all estimating personnel Assist Operations and BD Manager to select projects to bid Establish and coordinate bidding schedule Develop and maintain estimating systems and procedures Oversee and/or interrogate design options and 'value' solutions, and if appropriate, identify the attractiveness of a project based on sound estimating principles.
* Review tender documents (drawings, specifications, site investigation, client requirements) and submission requirements, ensuring we evaluate all relevant information in the bid process.
* Ensure that innovative solutions are produced (if necessary liaise with the design team) and that all identified risks are mitigated.
* Ensure that the correct methods, outputs and plant/resources are selected to deliver the solution, ensuring that all risks are mitigated.
* Manage and coordinate the preparation of tender price schedules in accordance with the pricing strategy and risk assessments.
* Ensure that cost plans are accurate and reflect the project requirements and risk profile.
* Establish rate files for labour, equipment and materials Ensure effective communication with customers during and after the bid process to maximise our opportunities and to build long term relationships and encourage repeat work.
* Provide considered responses to customer questions including post tender queries.
* Ensure that the project operation and commercial teams have received an effective handover of bid documentation Manage customer contact, present tender proposals to customers and contribute to customer meetings during the tender process
* Ensure compliance with business strategy and authority levels Responsible for the management of all aspects of the estimating department.
* Provide support to other estimators in pricing tenders and providing budget costing.
* Help with coaching/mentoring of the estimating team, and also technical trainees while in the estimating department.
* Ensure a relentless focus on safety
If you're looking to take the next-step in your career by joining an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.