|Job Ref:||MWSEHPBW||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bridgwater||Address:||Post Code:||TA6||Salary:||Negotiable||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:16|
Role: Site Engineer|
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
I am currently looking for a site engineer to work on the enabling works contract for Hinkley Point. There is no exact duration length, although the contract is likely to continue for a number of years.
As an engineer on site, you are expected to have a strong civil engineering background and relevant qualifications, with experience working on road, structures and groundworks projects.
Your main duties will include:
* Assist in the preparation of 'as-built drawings'.
* Establishing effective systems to record work completed updating the Project Quality Plan accordingly.
* To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
* Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
* Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
* Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
* Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
* Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
* Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
* Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
In order to be suitable for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the above competencies, as well as holding relevant qualifications. A degree is preferable, although applicants with a HND will also be considered.
For more information on this site engineer role please call Matt on NA0 or attach your CV to the link.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.