ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: |
Perform repairs on basic model engines and sub-assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a complete repair job within applicable standard repair time allowance.
- Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most common complaints. Explain engine maintenance and operation to new customers and equipment owners.
- Successfully complete all required courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, LLC. Continually improve upon technical ability by home study courses, service and parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
- Identify warranty issues on base engines.
- Complete understanding of technician's responsibility while working on a job subject to warranty.
- Continue job progression to Journey level within 48 months.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe extraordinary conditions that are associated with the essential elements of the job (e.g. work space, hazardous conditions, environmental conditions, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must possess superior theoretical and practical knowledge for the repair of all equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair any complaint with minimal supervision.
- Possess knowledge of warranty policies.
- Process complete knowledge and be able to repair all tools and equipment in shop. Must be able to design and fabricate special tools or jigs where special tools are not available.
- Possess complete knowledge of branch and Company operations and policies.
- Must maintain a basic set of personal hand tools to perform any repair with exception of specialized tooling provided by branch.
- Willingness to guide others in adherence to company safety practices.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
Work in a repair shop subject to diesel exhaust fumes. Frequently work under vehicles and in close quarter of engine compartments.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .