ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: |
Perform repairs to and rebuild any Cummins or Onan engine or sub-assembly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete the required service order describing work performed.
- Routinely meet or exceed standard repair times set for normal repair jobs.
- Teach basic engine fundamentals to new and less experienced technicians and help with questions and problems.
- Participate in keeping the shop area clean at all times.
- Successfully complete all required courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, LLC. Continually improve upon technical ability by home study courses, service and parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
- Be familiar with basic warranty decisions on all equipment.
- Assist the daily operations of the service department as requested by the Service Manager or Shop Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must possess superior theoretical and practical knowledge for the repair of all equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair any complaint without supervision.
- Possess knowledge of warranty policies.
- Must be able to completely rebuild any engine or sub-assembly.
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Have complete knowledge and be able to repair all tools and equipment in shop. Must be able to design and fabricate special tools or jigs where special tools are not available.
- Possess complete knowledge of branch and Company operations policies.
- Must have all hand tools required to perform repairs to all equipment with exception to specialized tools provided by the branch.
- Ability to lead others in the organization. Willingly sharing skills and experiences to develop others.
- Set standard for safety practices in shop.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe extraordinary conditions that are associated with the essential elements of the job (e.g. work space, hazardous conditions, environmental conditions, etc.)
Work in a repair shop subject to diesel exhaust fumes. Frequently work under vehicles and in close quarter of engine compartments.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .