|Job Ref:||LON00P3||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 04:02|
Advisian is a unique global consulting firm
What makes us different is our 'line of sight' from assignment inception through to completion. From the outset Advisian can provide management and strategy advisory services, now coupled with technical consulting and deep domain expertise. We leverage the real world practical experience and technical depth of our consultants. Our Consulting services are focused on asset intensive businesses operating within the Hydrocarbons, Minerals and Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure sectors.
Our offering spans the full asset lifecycle, combining our business and strategic thinking, domain knowledge and deep technical experience to deliver implementable solutions. We draw from and leverage our global footprint and bring experience, lessons learnt and innovative solutions as the foundation to tailor responses appropriate to specific challenges. Providing the advice and partnering with our clients to implement that advice, we are a practical, innovative, results-driven organisation with a singular focus on the success of our clients. We are open, honest and direct and we deliver what we promise. We advise, then deliver. See more at: NA
• Must have excellent use of the English language and excellent writing skills. An ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner is essential. Hands-on ability to use various software for desktop publishing, graphics, word processing, and spreadsheets is required to help produce final proposals in a demanding time frame.
• A strong work ethic is essential. Must have the flexibility to meet the challenges of fluctuating workloads and multiple assignments with tight deadlines that may require non-standard work hours.
• In conjunction with Sector Lead/PracticeLead/Business Development/Study Manager, reviews bid and qualification request documents and determines what should be included in response to Requests for Proposal (RFP). Creates, maintains and tracks the Proposal Compliance Checklist to ensure full compliance with client request, internal deadlines and quality standards.
• Assembles the master proposal / qualifications documentation. Ensures that technical writing and layout standards for documents and presentations are maintained in a consistent manner.
• Ensures that all assigned documents comply with their required presentation, correct use of styles, referencing of illustrative and tabular matter, etc. Ensures consistency in application of technical abbreviations and acronyms, figure and table callouts and captions, and handling of boiler plate materials.
• Creates and maintains the proposal file (paper and electronic on SharePoint).
• Edits and organises all technical written materials supplied by support groups including organisation of chapters, tables, exhibits and attachments. Provides graphical/layout assistance to ensure that a quality proposal is produced.
• Provides support to other Advisian/WorleyParsons offices in proposal preparation on request.
• Ensures that technical writing and layout standards for documents and presentations are maintained in a consistent manner.
• Creates and maintains the Proposal Compliance Checklist
• Completes and distributes Lessons Learned at proposal completion to gain feedback from Proposal Team
• Interfaces will all levels of employees from top management through support departments.
• Performs other tasks associated with the position as may be appropriate.
• Advises support departments (e.g., Printroom, Mailroom) of anticipated needs and production schedule. Confirms turnaround times.
• Prepares draft artwork for covers, title pages, executive summaries, etc. Reviews with Marketing and Proposal Lead, then submits for production.
• Places orders for all special order items, i.e., hard covers, title pages, special tabs, color photos, special paper, pockets, etc.
• Administers typing of new text and modifications to existing documents.
• Edits text to ensure grammatical correctness and compliance with proposal themes.
• Gathers and disseminates all data and information relevant to the preparation of the proposal.
• Arranges for necessary support including conference rooms, meeting rooms, work area, supplies, materials, etc.
• Verifies shipping requirements, i.e., courier availability, shipping time required, client address, etc. Ensures all address information is correct and available well before scheduled ship date.
• Updates information for use in future proposals, (i.e. prequal/proposal tracking system, experience lists, goby's, etc.).
• Prepares slides/presentations in conjunction with the Sector Lead/PracticeLead/Business Development/Study Manager when required.
• Prepares copies of slides and/or handout materials for dry runs.
• Distributes all necessary background materials to individuals involved in the presentation (e.g., copies of pertinent sections of a proposal).
• Prepares presentation package for submission to client.
• Related work experience. This may include experience in editing, writing, publishing, or marketing support functions for engineering and construction company or active participation in proposal development from a technical or commercial standpoint.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is essential. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat are essential. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Visio are an asset.
• Familiarity with graphics programs (e.g., Adobe Illustrator), desktop publishing programs (e.g., InDesign, Publisher), and scanning/photo software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop) is considered an asset.
• Able to multi-task and set priorities based on deadlines. Must have the flexibility to meet the challenges of fluctuating workloads and multiple assignments with tight deadlines that may require non-standard work hours.
• Detail oriented and thorough.
• Able to shift priorities on short notice; flexible.
• Able to support the team and others - Team player
• Must be able to communicate effectively with technically oriented people.
• A strong work ethic is essential
• Supervision Received - Marketing & Proposals Lead
• Supervision Given - n/a
• Internal Contacts - Senior Management teams, BD Directors/Managers, Sector Lead, Service Lead, Practice Lead, Study Manager, Legal Counsel, Discipline Representatives, Mailroom etc
• External Contacts - Production, Courier, etc
• This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment and are not limited to those listed.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
It our policy to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Build your future with WorleyParsons.