|Job Ref:||11092BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Post Date:||26/10/2016 04:10|
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Projects Commercial Manager for our @one Alliance (Anglian Water) joint venture framework. You will be accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of projects from inception to close out reporting directly to an IPL, ensuring that maximum efficiencies are obtained and full compliance with all Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures is achieved. Providing a commercial challenge to the IPL and his team on all project matters. |
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
You will report directly to the Programme Area Commercial Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project and programme of projects including:
• Ensuring robust estimates are provided that are aligned to scope and makes due allowance for all risks and opportunities
• Managing the procurement process including ensuring that all strategies are developed and agreed and that tender processes including invitation, return and negotiation are followed correctly
• Subcontracts are properly prepared and reflect the agreed scope.
• Subcontracts are properly managed in accordance with contract requirements including compliance with all responses to communications, including payments, compensation events, programme submissions, etc., and that all contract files are maintained and kept up to date
• Ensuring robust cost management is undertaken at all times including:
• Accurate live forecasting taking into account the project programme and reporting in accordance with the respective WBS/CBS
• Actual costs are properly monitored and assessed against the baseline estimate, in particular, all site costs including direct labour, plant & materials, all alliance staff bookings, costs and challenge and variance to the plans
• Providing reports on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and resolutions
• All GRN's are undertaken in a timely manner in accordance with Anglian Water system requirements
• Ensure that the Alliance contract is properly administered including timely issue of early warnings and advising the IPL on all matters related to compliance with Alliance and Anglian Water governance
• Proactive management of project and programme risk including ensuring that mitigation plans are in place and implemented
• Proactive management of opportunities including identifying and implementing plans to realize
• Ensuring that all identified efficiencies are monitored as to progress and report to the IPL any variances to the plan.
• Any withheld, disputed or disallowed costs are reported to the IPL
• Any inadmissible costs are not included within the project/programme costs
• Ensuring that proper records are kept so that all financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available
• Final accounts are prepared timely and accurately
• Quantity Surveying degree
• Preferably experience within a construction/engineering industry
• In depth understanding of NEC3 contract packages and their management with the client and the supply chain
• Experience of managing multimillion pound projects focusing on the mitigation of cost and realisation of efficiencies and innovative ways of working
• Understanding the fundamental basis of negotiating and driving successful win/win outcomes
• Experience Managing a Commercial Team
• A manager that can develop people and instil a commercial mind-set within the commercial team and the greater Project Delivery Team
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)