|Job Ref:||2016-12444||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Georgia||City:||Atlanta||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 05:00|
Location: US-Atlanta, GA
Job ID: 2016-12444
Area of Interest: EN - Construction Materials, Testing and Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): High School Diploma
Posted Date: 8/23/2016
Experience (Years): 1
The Atlanta, GA office is currently seeking Field Technicians to work as part of a team on engineering and environmental-related projects. In this role you will conduct field monitoring, sampling, testing, and other related activities, including construction observation and quality control/assurance testing for dams, earthen and geosynthetic containment systems, and other environmental projects.
Additional responsibilities may include:
* Perform testing of soils and concrete.
* Read, familiarize and follow ASTM standard procedures.
* Sampling and developing of groundwater wells.
* Sampling and operations of landfill gas systems.
* Documentation of all work on required forms.
* Proficient in the use of WORD and EXCEL for documentation purposes.
* Regularly communicate status of work with project managers and/or other technicians and staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* A High School diploma is required, Associates Degree in engineering technology, environmental science or a related technical field is preferred, but years of experience may be substituted for these degrees.
* A minimum of one year of similar experience is required.
* Regular local and non-local travel is a requirement of this role. The successful candidate will be able to travel as needed, up to 75%.
* Soil compaction, concrete testing, and environmental monitoring experience preferred.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must possess or be able to get, a GA driver's license.
* NICET, ACI, GRI Certification, MSHA and OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper training and certificate a plus.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.