Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP373692||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Weybridge||Address:||Post Code:||KT13||Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:27|
The Seating business covers a broad range of products for both military and commercial platforms. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the project deliverables for the delivery of Jankel Blastech and Seatech seating products for a number of differing customers (eg major Tier 1 defence contractors). The role will include customer and user management, internal co-ordination, planning, scheduling, project execution and relevant commercial activities in order to deliver a timely, appropriate and profitable project coherent with the JAL Business Plan. |
• Leadership of the project throughout its life-cycle from concept development through to manufacturing.
• Relationship management within a complex stakeholder community.
• Meeting project milestones, schedules and budget requirements.
• Establishing and reporting performance metrics, KPI’s, monthly reports etc.
• Meeting internal business reporting requirements.
• Conducting customer progress meetings and compilation of associated reports.
• Adhering to project, sub-contract, security and data management strategy protocols.
• Management of project issues, risks and opportunities.
• Identification and planning of resources needed to support programme deliverables.
• Approval of all internal and customer documentation in line with requirements and Company standards.
• Co-ordinate and manage all task activities ensuring all documentation is fully compliant with MoD Policies and specified requirements.
• Chair and organisation of project and customer meetings.
• Facilitate Gateway reviews used to assess the maturity and delivery of the technology.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the Department. Any substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
• Degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or related subject.
• Professional project/programme management qualifications such as:
o PRINCE 2
o UK MoD - Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage
• Project/Programme Management experience in a highly technical environment preferably within the defence industry.
• Experience dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
• Understanding of system integration and configuration management.
• Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
• Use of project management software tools such as SAP, ERP systems.
• Competent in project management technique such as Critical Path, Pert Analysis and Network generation.
• Understanding of project life-cycle management.
• Understanding of risk and opportunity management.
• Understanding of sub-contract and customer management.
• Understanding of project financial management.
• Relevant experience of delivering project management of a technical product from concept phase through to prototyping and trials.
• Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
• Customer focused - displaying pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs.
• Results-focused –A strong desire to achieve results and work hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success.
• Flexibility - displays versatility and adaptability. Identifies need for change, develops new ideas, encourages and supports innovation. Reacts positively and with enthusiasm to change and improvement. Has capability to achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure. Self-manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less.
• Professional - takes career seriously and considers the business dimensions of decisions carefully. Intellectually and analytically rigorous; displays high competence in chosen field and is trusted by the business to “do the right thing”.
• Integrity and morality - acts with scrupulous honesty with customers, colleagues, and suppliers and everyone else they come into contact with in the workplace.
• Communication and listening - strong interpersonal skills; the appropriate use of written, oral, non-verbal and listening skills, with an ability to persuasively impart information and pick up on underlying messages.
• Superior planning and organisation skills.
• Problem solving - displays logic, creativity and pragmatism in resolving problems, requiring little supervision and using disciplined problem-solving methods.
• Adaptability - the ability to react to different circumstances whilst maintaining composure and focus on objectives; can be relied upon in tough situations and is able to constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate appropriate change.
• Teamwork - a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand others motivations and actively assess their strengths and weaknesses, is aware of others workloads and responds accordingly.
• Leadership - strong leadership skills, conveying confidence, presence and a professional image at all levels within an organisation.
• Willing to travel in UK and internationally as required.