|Job Ref:||EMP373706||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Fife||City:||Glenrothes||Address:||Post Code:||KY7||Salary:||£15 - £25/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Our client, one of the UK's leading suppliers into the Aerospace & Defence industry, are currently looking for an experienced Test Technician to work for them as a contractor out of their site in Glenrothes.|
Experience with testing and diagnostics of complex analogue and digital electronic assemblies down to component level
Summary of Role:
As a Test Technician you will perform functional testing and diagnostics of complex electronic assemblies. Diagnostics will be performed to component level for both prime product and repairs. As a Test Technician you will also be required to keep accurate test records, carry out any maintenance tasks and aid other disciplines to improve the overall cost and quality of product.
• Primary duty is to diagnose complex electronic assemblies down to component level on failing products and recommend appropriate corrective actions
• Perform functional testing of electronic assemblies to required contractual, quality and schedule requirements
• Diagnose test equipment related faults
• Execution of preventative maintenance and calibration plans for test equipment
• Record accurate test records and provide requested yield & failure reports
• Assist engineering with any on*going investigations / initiatives
• Aid the continual improvement of efficiency in designated test area(s)
• HND or equivalent in electronics
• Experience with testing and diagnostics of complex analogue and digital electronic assemblies down to component level
• Proven ability to set up and utilise various types of lab equipment for manual production test & debug purposes
• A good understanding of electronics (including theoretical and practical knowledge of analogue and digital circuitry), able to interpret circuit diagrams and can communicate circuit functionality effectively
• Can interpret test specifications to carry out manual production test requirements & debug.
• Can work to production schedules without detracting from product quality and any contractual requirements.
• Experience and knowledge of various ATE’s
• Experience of maintenance and repair of LN2 thermal chambers
• Confident self-starter who can operate with little supervision
• Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines
• Flexibility in working hours as shift work may be required