|Job Ref:||EMP373663||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Salary:||£25,000 - £27,000/year||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:30|
Purpose of Job: To profitably, efficiently and effectively manage site investigation works. |
5 years experience
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Supervision of site investigations (working away from home will be required).
• Logging of soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015
• Managing site investigation works, including pricing of works, dealing with suppliers and preparation of health and safety documentation.
• Factual reporting, data processing with some interpretative reporting.
• Assisting senior staff with project related duties.
• Training and mentoring of junior engineers.
• Oversee department equipment - allocation, hire, servicing and repairs.
• Travel and attend internal and external meetings as required.
• Adhere to working instructions as specified from internal and external clients.
• Conduct internal paperwork as required.
• Communicate with internal and external parties.
• Undertake Window Sample drilling from time to time as required.
Essential Professional/Technical Skills & Qualifications:
• Relevant Geology/Geotechnical degree
• 5 years industry experience
• Experience in the supervision and management of ground investigation contracts.
• Experience in compliance with CDM regulations and production of H&S documentation.
• The post holder will be expected to attend and pass internal and industry recognised external training courses. These may include, PTS, NRASWA, CCNSG, towing license, CAT, First Aid and manual handling training.
• Maintenance of ground investigation equipment.
• UK Driving License
• Conduct business in a professional manner at all times
• Experience of people management
• Flexible in approach to work – both with regard to working hours and working away from home
• Ability to work to deadlines & targets
• Ability to work in a team towards a mutual goal
• Good communication skills
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all external clients
• Self motivated with a positive attitude
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK