Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line
Our professionals specialize in design, master planning, environmental and ecological planning, strategic planning and economic development. We create implementable solutions that promote sustainable land use and enhance quality of life.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard urban design techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications on projects
- Independently deliver projects primarily involving master planning or urban design input in coordination with the Director
- Provide project or task management to develop urban design and planning concepts and translate them into clear and compelling graphic images
- Develop solutions that effectively address the social, legal, and economic implications of the physical form; modify and/ or review drawings, construction documentation and detailing
- Confer with clients regarding design schemes and implementation
- Coordinate and consult with federal, state and local regulatory agencies on scope and impact of project when necessary
- Manage, prepare, correct and update documents
- Manage scopes, schedules and budgets
- Prepare for and participate in proposal interviews in addition to agency and client coordination and relations
- Independently manage project largely involving master planning/ urban design work; provide assistance to senior team members in managing large projects
- At least 15-20% travel time is anticipated
- Develop innovative solutions to problems
- Provide assistance in reporting activities to senior management
- Handle day-to-day communications with Clients and manage Client expectations
- Prepare bids and proposals as part of marketing efforts to current clientele and to identify and attract new clientele.
- Degree in Planning or Urban Design or related field
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience as a master planner / urban designer working on a variety of projects involving multiple disciplines
- Should have independently managed a team of at least 3-5 professionals
- Demonstrate an ability to draw on various benchmark projects
- Engagement in projects at various stages including construction stage will be preferred
- Experience in hands-on business development activities such as preparation of proposals and presentation to clients
- LEED accreditation will be preferred along with membership of professional organizations
- Participation in award winning projects will be an added advantage
- Ability to conceive, design and communicate master plans and cityscapes from a blank canvas
- Flair for design and strong graphic and illustrative capability
- Excellent design, visualization, and graphic skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite software packages is a must; knowledge of GIS will be an added advantage
- Excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong conceptual ability highly regarded
- Demonstrate the ability to work in large multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills essential
- Knowledge of contractual requirements and project financials
- Promising portfolio of at least three large scale and five small scale design/ planning work which demonstrates technical and management capabilities across a variety of planning and urban design projects
- Knowledge of Southeast Asia regional development market is preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.