|Job Ref:||DM2408||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ashford||Address:||Post Code:||TW15||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year, Car or Allowance, Healthcare, Pension||Post Date:||15/10/2016 00:35|
DESIGN MANAGER - £50-£60000 Basic - NO.1 REGIONAL CONTRACTOR - KENT |
* No.1 Regional Contractor (highly respected), they have secured several new contracts in Kent creating a new opportunity for a Design Manager to join their growing business
* They have a large portfolio of contracts including leisure, retail, education and healthcare across Kent.
* You will work within the pre construction team based in Kent and manage the design phase of multi £mm projects ranging from £5m to £35m, both pre construction (tender stage / procurement purposes) and during the construction phase.
* As a Design Manager you will be responsible for both, client and consultancy liaison
* Identifying and managing design solutions or specifications
* Creating and reporting design progress reports along with ensuring drawings and specifications conform both internally and externally, whilst managing the design budget and ensuing costs are adhered too.
* You will be one of a team of Design Manager reporting to a Design Lead and a Pre Construction Manager.
* Will have a proven track record of working for a main contractor
* Have good recent Pre Construction knowledge and experience
* Main Contractor project experience including Education / Schools and Commercial is desirable
* Be able to work independently and keep up to date with modern methods of construction.
* Will have a stable career history (ideally with a main contractor)
* Will ideally be Degree Educated
* Basic Salary up to £60k
* £6k Car Allowance or choose from an extensive company car list
* Matching Pension up to 16%
* Local Projects so travelling will be to a minimum
* Great Kent Based office
* Good work life balance
* Internal progression and training available
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills design manager - kent - technical manager - main contractor - construction - build - project design manager