|Job Ref:||RAND - SOQS||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, CA + Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:17|
How would you like to become part of one of the biggest social housing contractors in the UK? This company has over 100 years experience and is rapidly growing in the North East area, they are looking to add a Senior Quantity Surveyor to their commercial team. They have previously built over tens of thousands of homes for housing associations and councils, supporting local authorities across the North East. This role will be reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and with one of the fastest growing teams in the North East area you can join to become part of it.|
Purpose of the role:
To take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial/ financial elements of the designated project, this allows control and maximisation of the company's profitability, also protecting the company's legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues.
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions.
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
* Control all expenditure.
* Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts.
* To manage day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
* Measuring progress, submitting valuations and submitting final account and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts.
What we are looking for:
* Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor is essential.
* Prepared to work within various geographical areas.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Excellent level of numeracy.
* Excellent time management.
* Must have IT skills- MC office: Excel, project, word etc.
* Flexible and adaptable.
Previous experience in a similar role for a main contractor or developer within this sector would be an added advantage.
Feel free to get in touch with Jacob in our Newcastle office if you wish to find out more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor Newcastle NE1 Social Housing Contractor Senior