|Job Ref:||FacilAssistant2016||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£ 20,000 - £ 21,000 per year||Post Date:||15/10/2016 00:35|
Are you a mult talented tradesman / maintenance operative? Do you enjoy working for a company where you feel valued and appreciated? Are you fine working in a team or on your own? |
Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Facilities Assistant - £21,000 - Company Benefits, 25 days holiday + call out / overtime
My client, one of the countries leading facilities management providers, is looking for a Facilities Assistant to join there team on 2 buildings in Sheffield, To provide efficient and effective Muilti-skilled Facilities services including ensuring the security, operation and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
The post holder will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
* Trade experience necessary; joiner, fitter, plumber, electrician or building maintenance technician.
* Must have Training on Legionella, IPAF and fall arrest
* The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
* Understand the necessity for confidentiality
* Motivated and enthusiastic
* Be flexible to working hours
* The role relies on being able to get on and do jobs without supervision, so it is important that you are happy to work under your own initiative. Additionally, it is understood that you understand the need for flexibility, and take on any duty that may be deemed to be part of the role
* To be responsible for assistance in maintaining the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the contract requirements.
* The multi-skilled duties require to be adaptable in carry out the following Planned, Proactive and Reactive Task
* Plumbing works to general pipework and waste services (including repairing, changing valves, adjusting valves, replacement taps, clearing blockages, etc
* Mechanical & Electrical works to Heating and Ventilation Plant - training will be given where required for the person with appropriate aptitude.
* Decoration and flooring works
* Porterage duties
* Carry out Monthly water temperature checks and liaise with specialist water hygiene contractor to maintain with requirements of the legionella regulation - training will be given where required for the person with appropriate aptitude.
* Lighting system - maintenance and repair (including cleaning diffusers, changing lamps, ballast, etc.)
* Ceiling tile replacement & cleaning
* Clearing gullies
* Clearing snow, gritting and making safe staff and pedestrian routes.
* Joinery- first line maintenance of fixtures and fittings, examples: tightening screws on hinges, maintenance on door (handles, oiling door locks and hinges), minor repairs as a temporary measure after break-ins, vandalism etc.
* Internal Glazing - Remedial action after break-ins, for example boarding up of broken windows
* Drilling and fitting shelves, soap dispensers, etc. to walls
* To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply to the M/E Engineer
* Be on-call rota system and respond to site on all call outs
* Be plasma, MEUP and Fall Arrest trained - training will be given where required for the person with appropriate aptitude.
* To attend to, where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as contractors.
* To carry out any other duties as directed by Facilities Manager/Assistant or nominated person in charge.
* To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, Statute and other relevant legislation.
* To comply with Vinci Company Procedures and Systems
* To assist the M/E Engineer and Handyman where necessary
* Portering; deliveries, furniture layout, repairs, assembling/adjustment
This is a fantastic opportunity, available for immediate starts or 4 weeks time, please contact Sophia on NA or apply below.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.