|Job Ref:||16000J8N||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:19|
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.|
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE OR DEPARTMENT
UK Sourcing is part of the COO function in the UK and supports the business in its acquisition of goods and services with third party vendors. In line with the Global Sourcing Policy, Directive 41, and the Group Sourcing Division (RESG/ACH) UK Sourcing's aims are to minimise and manage cost and risk to the Bank by ensuring:
• compliance in regards to relationships with suppliers; to apply a professional and objective approach in the procedure for selecting offers carried out independently of any existing banking relations,
• prevention of supplier risk: financial strength and sustainability; economic non-reliance; insurance coverage; capacity to provide services at specified quality levels as well as to respect all their obligations, especially with regard to both business continuity measures when imposed by banking regulations, and corporate and social responsibility,
• cost management; to ensure that the Bank is receiving best value for money with
its external suppliers, either through competitive tendering, negotiation or supplier management
• contractual security; working closely with Group Legal to ensure appropriate contracts are in place, minimising risks to the Bank
UK Sourcing works closely with the Support Functions and Business Lines to ensure that the business requirements are met whilst adhering to best practice processes and procedures
As an IT Sourcing Manager for Société Générale Sourcing team in London (Sourcing UK), working in a team of 6, you will be jointly responsible for the development and implementation of the sourcing strategy for IT software, telecoms and services in support of the UK operation.
This role requires facilitating and lending commercial support to global sourcing programs led predominantly out of Paris
Supporting other business areas, predominantly the ex-Newedge part of the business (prime brokerage).
• To work closely with the IT team developing the sourcing and supply strategy for the IT categories and understanding the requirements of IT within the business
• To lead project teams through the procurement process which will include liaising with the internal clients to agree current and future needs; data gathering and analysis; services and suppliers review; negotiations and contract placement with successful vendor.
• Negotiating supplier prices, contract terms and improvement programmes, as appropriate
• To ensure the interests of the business are satisfied whilst maintaining a commercial challenge to both internal clients and suppliers
• To understand and review the spend profile and identify opportunities within the IT category
• Management and delivery of cost reductions to pre set targets.
• Support the Head of UK Sourcing in maintaining effective bi-directional communication with the business and the SG sourcing community
• To support the other SG entities (Priv, Newedge,) on any IT Sourcing requirements
• To develop and manage key suppliers through attendance at quarterly reviews
• Review and maintain an overview of current supply base and contracts
• Ensure appropriate collaboration with Group Sourcing in Paris (RESG/ACH) and operation within the international framework for sourcing.
• To ensure all projects are recorded within the e-procurement system in line with the international framework and local requirements
• Occasional travel may be required and other duties outside of the above may be requested on ad-hoc basis
COMPETENCIES AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Strategic sourcing experience within IT categories (ideally with a multi national, services business)
Demonstrated proficiency in contract negotiations - particularly software, front office systems would be an advantage
Supplier management skills
Ability to lead cross functional team.
Strong external and internal communication skills
Influencing skills and project management skills
Strong analytical skills
Ability to work under pressure
Degree Qualified and Professional Purchasing Qualification desired but not essential
Fluency in English
French would be an advantage
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.