Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||16000K7B||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:19|
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.|
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE OR DEPARTMENT
Based in London, you will join the Production Services team (ITEC/PRD/EMA), which provides IT support functions for the European, Middle-East and African branches of the organisation with 3,000+ users.
As a permanent member of staff, you will support the users of the Investment Banking Division providing support for post trade users within the global asset execution, clearing and prime brokerage business lines.
Role to manage projects on behalf of PRD and to act as coordinator between our stakeholders (ITEC, GTS and other internal partners). You will be working independently and joining a "virtual team" of project managers.
• Project context: first project aiming to manage overall migration plan for our UK-hosted applications impacted by a data centre move (4 data centres in the scope).
• Responsible for coordination of our impacted development teams (both in London and rest of the world).
• Setting up with IT infrastructure team the overall plan for the move (schedule, budget, etc).
• Role in the execution phase: deliver the communication plan within PRD, end user representatives and relevant stakeholders.
• Ensuring the highest level of service for the above tasks at all times and following escalation process in place.
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
COMPETENCIES AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Project Management skills:
o Planning, identifying stakeholders, risk/issue identification and management, manage priorities)
o Deliver work according to schedule with a high confidence level on reliability and stability.
o Produce documentation for the project deliverables.
o Responsible for identifying and ensuring proper escalation of the pain / blocking points in both plans.
o Coordination with global project team and end user representatives.
o Some previous project experience preferable
o Strong autonomy
o Self-motivated attitude and willing to call on other expertise when required
o Must have excellent communication skills verbal and written
o Standard hours but some flexibility is expected
o Working knowledge of MS Office suite
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.