The Wylfa Newydd Project will be executed by an Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) Joint Venture (JV) company comprised of Hitachi, Bechtel, and Japanese Gas Company entities. The project will be performed by an integrated team delivering the EPC functions. The physical construction works will be supported by local, regional, national, and European Union contractors coordinated in a direct control construction management and direct hire environment.
- Job Title: Civil Field Engineer
- Requisition ID: 176906
- Relocation Authorized: UK/EU National - Single
- Project: Wylfa
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and workmanship and assures results meet design requirements. Leads construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work within a specific engineering discipline for a particular area of the project. May act as Project Field Engineer on a moderate sized project. May direct minimal numbers of manual craft field forces during project closeout.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchasesSupervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of "as built" drawings and other job plans.
- Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents, in:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise on‑site.
- Administers assigned NA with the appropriate site management on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Coordinates with Design on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Determines that vendors' bids for material and/or equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the Project Controls program at the job-site.
- Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs employee reviews of assigned subordinate personnel.
- Ensures assigned subordinate personnel receive progressive training.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements. General awareness of environmental laws.
- Awareness of government compliance standards.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- General awareness of local labor laws and issues.
- General knowledge of state, federal and local contracting requirements.
- Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline or equivalent experience and education in Construction Management. AND
- Work experience work experience leading to a basic understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.