Scope of Responsibilities |
Take leadership in managing quality management system. develop and implement project specific quality plans, perform internal and external audits, manage client liaison and supplier quality performance and coordinate completion of all QA/QC activities.
- Implement the Closed loop site Quality Management System at site.
- Ensure site quality induction and orientation.
- Identify key site procedures & documents and ensure timely preparation.
- Review and implementation of site quality documents like quality control plan / ITPs, process control procedures, formats for recording process results etc. on a timely manner.
- Close coordination with Completions to ensure PetroPCS is fully aligned with approved ITPs/ITRs.
- Review and ensure all aspects of the quality system related to the site are audited at least once.
- In case of serious deficiency during the execution of a contract notify the project manager and initiate an unscheduled audit.
- Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site sub-contractors and vendors to conduct all nondestructive testing on site.
- Ensure proper planning and notification for inspection visits of QC team (planned and unplanned). Ensure availability of all necessary documents at inspection release.
- Perform surveillance activities and monitor construction process.
- Maintain cordial relationship with Client Site Representatives and ensure that client quality requirements are understood, agreed and fulfilled.
- Manage and monitor Sub-contractor Site Representatives to ensure that Sub-contractor quality team work efficiently and effectively at site.
- Monitor Subcontractor quality performance and report. Schedule meetings to resolve specific interface issues.
- Evaluate new quality/test methods, processes and materials to determine effect on quality plans.
- Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters.
- Coordinate and control all inspection/tests.
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site subcontractors.
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits.
- Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC Engineers/Inspectors.
- Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and competed for as-built hand over through the QC turnover engineer.
- Control all non-conformance reports and undertake remedial action.
- Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses.
- Review the customers specification and undertake relevant training to the site QC inspector.
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan.
- Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer.
- Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site weekly meetings with the projects subcontractors QC personnel.
- Ensure the safety is adhered to at site.
- Ensure site KPI's are measured, monitored and actions implemented for any identified gap.
- Implement Lessons Learned where relevant at site.
- Analyze quality information (audit results, process / product non-conformities, feedback etc.) and identify corrective and preventive actions.
- Review and approve Daily Surveillance Reports, lead bi-weekly Quality Walkthroughs.
- Reports progress/status related to quality system on a regular basis to project site management and project Quality Manager.
- Manage a team of QA/QC engineers, Coordinators, Inspectors and/or Document Controller (QA/QC) as relevant to support the quality activity.
- Align quality resources with business needs and assure effective coverage of the project load.
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status.
Decision Making Authority
- All decisions related to the contractual requirements with respect to deviations on inspection, material, metallurgy, welding, NDT, painting, stamping and obtaining required signatory approvals.
- Decisions limited to the scope of defining quality requirements and ensuring Quality conformance. Consults with supervisor on all other major issues.
- Manage a team of QA/QC Engineers as applicable.
- Frequent Internal Contacts with, project management, engineering, procurement, construction and project control. External contacts include Clients, Third party agencies, suppliers and Subcontractors.
Minimum Job Requirement
- Engineering Degree in a related subject. (Mandatory).
- Should have managed mega projects (Min. US$ 600 ) in an LSTK environment representing Main Contractors with at least 20 years experience, out of which minimum 6 - 7 years of overall management experience required.
- Preferable certifications in relevant discipline, QMS Lead Auditor, ASNT/CSWIP 3.2 & BGAS