Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||020050||Employer:||Petrofac Limited||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Oman||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 01:01|
1. Scope of Responsibilities |
• Providing leadership and guidance to our field based personnel and construction contractors
• Direct supervision of construction activities on the jobsite.
• Coordinates all overlapping and interface activities at plant boundary
Note that, dependent upon project size and complexity, there may be overlaps of responsibilities between CM and Area Construction Manager that will be clarified and resolved with project specific job descriptions.
2. Primary Duties
• Supports the construction contractors by removing impediments to progress, assisting in the development of their construction schedule, agreeing a construction sequence, and ensuring that the contractors have the materials, engineering deliverables, tools, and resources that are required for successful execution
• Implements the requirements of the Construction Execution Plan (CEP)
• Ensures that the HSE and Quality plans are being adhered to
• Contributes to the 90 days and 6-weeks look-ahead, and implements work in agreed sequence
• Is familiar with project and subcontractor contracts, and records all changes in accordance with Management of Change procedure
• Liaise with Client senior management and ensures good relations are maintained through project
• Attends and contributes to all required meetings
• Contributes progress and issues to weekly and monthly project reports
• Coordinates with Pre-commissioning and Commissioning supervision to ensure completed work is handed over in agreed sequence
• Monitors subcontractor and vendor performance and contributes to project evaluation of these in project close-out report
• Performs regular performance reviews and assessments of all subordinates during project. Gives feedback as appropriate.
• Ensuring that the construction areas are constructed to international quality standards and agreed budget, schedule, and construction sequence
• Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and Environmental excellence and encourages direct reports to demonstrate that same commitment to their staff
• Strong advocate for quality construction installations and ensuring that we construct the right way, the first time
• Serves as a coach and mentor for our high potential personnel and recent college/university graduates
• Implementation of standardized construction work processes (CPs), manuals, procedures, and systems
• Promotes an open, honest, direct, and positive communication's style
• Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a diverse workforce and staff and values diversity
3. Job/Cost Impact
To complete assigned scope within schedule and/or budget.
4. Decision Making Authority
All decisions pertaining to construction work execution.
5. Supervisory Responsibility
Direct supervision of all construction superintendents and subcontractors.
6. Work Contacts
• Reports to Site Manager.
• Supervises all supervision, direct trades, subcontractors and construction vendors.
• Coordinates support personnel such as materials, logistics and QC.
• Works with client as required to ensure good working relations throughout project.
7. Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Refer to HR/OD- Competency Management System (CMS)
8. Physical Effort and Work Environment
On jobsite not less than 6 hours or 60% of a working day.
9. Minimum Requirement
• 10 years experience in direct hire construction
• 18 years experience in the oil & gas industry
• Experience working with an international E&C company
• Excellent leadership and communications skills
• Prior experience working with a diverse international workforce
Preference given to applicants with:
• Experience working in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS/FSU), Middle East, and/or North Africa
• Relevant degree or diploma