Bechtel has been awarded the opportunity with the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) to provide project delivery support as a Managed Service Provider to the Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) organization. DE&S is a bespoke trading entity, an arm's length body of the MoD. It has a £14 billion annual budget to buy and support all the equipment and services that the Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force need to operate effectively. Our support role is focused on supporting the Fleet and Air Domains and will be achieved by the injection of 36+ staff in each Domains, with the majority capable of operating at the equivalent of Senior Civil Service 1* or Band B (i.e. Bechtel Grades 26 thru 29 equivalent). Bechtel's support role is to provide a combination of project management and project controls expertise, as well as supplier management, technology/engineering/safety management and organizational transformation skills and experience. Our positions will essentially be a secondment into the DE&S organization and will require executing core technical skills within an integrated team of DE&S civil servants and UK military personnel. The roles are expected to be advisory in character, with the need to influence without authority, lead by example and work collaboratively across the organization's multiple delivery partners. The rolerequires a UK security clearance.
- Job Title: Senior Scheduling Engineer
- Requisition ID: 177267
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Project: Defence Equipment and Support
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
An integral part of an embedded Domain Project Controls team that will train, coach and mentor planning/scheduling and risk management activities at a business unit and Project level within the client organization. Supports project/program organizational and administrative activities. Provides generally non-routine scheduling guidance. Identifies, analyzes, and provides innovative solutions to planning/scheduling problems. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to support presentations to executive management within a large corporate environment.
- Responsible for schedule discipline operating plans and schedule discipline performance within a Domain.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to customer delivery teams.
- Manages workforce planning at a Domain level
- Participates in evaluating discipline specific workload and staffing plans.
- Participates in DE&S Project Controls Committee activities.
- Provides comments and recommendations for scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for cost engineering activities.
- Provides coaching and mentoring during proposal development and reviews.
- Interfaces with designated DE&S management and client counterparts for specific schedule presentations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Conducts personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Provides coaching and supervision during the collection, verification, and integration of work scope for all entities into a total project plan. Supervises the timely preparation of schedules.
- Identifies project needs for schedule control in accordance with established DE&S and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures. Supervises the timely performance of scheduling activities.
- Provides mentoring and coaching in support of schedule development, maintenance and performance reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards. Verifies consistency across the DE&S portfolio. Responsible for issuing reports required by DE&S management and project procedures.
- Provides supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Oracle Primavera P6.
- .Experience in performing monitoring, planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control and analysis at a Project level.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
- Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory, and personnel administrative functions.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to present Project Controls information to management/client.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Knowledge of engineering and cost management activities customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Knowledge of current industry practices and technical developments.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.