Requisition ID: |
Bechtel has been awarded the opportunity with the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) to provide project delivery support as a Managed Service Provider to the Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) organization. DE&S is a bespoke trading entity, an arm's length body of the MoD. It has a £14 billion annual budget to buy and support all the equipment and services that the Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force need to operate effectively. Our support role is focused on supporting the Fleet and Air Domains and will be achieved by the injection of 36+ staff in each Domains, with the majority capable of operating at the equivalent of Senior Civil Service 1* or Band B (i.e. Bechtel Grades 26 thru 29 equivalent). Bechtel's support role is to provide a combination of project management and project controls expertise, as well as supplier management, technology/engineering/safety management and organizational transformation skills and experience. Our positions will essentially be a secondment into the DE&S organization and will require executing core technical skills within an integrated team of DE&S civil servants and UK military personnel. The roles are expected to be advisory in character, with the need to influence without authority, lead by example and work collaboratively across the organization's multiple delivery partners. The rolerequires a UK security clearance.
An integral part of an embedded Domain Project Controls team that will train, coach and mentor baseline schedule development, schedule analysis and control activities at a business unit within the client organization. Supports project/program organizational and administrative activities. Supervises schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities. Responsible for scheduling activities for large projects; or major projects with significant non-routine requirements. Identifies, analyzes, and provides innovative solutions to cost engineering and control problems. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to support presentations to executive management within a large corporate environment.
- Provides comments and recommendations for scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for scheduling activities.
- Responsible for schedule operating plans and schedule discipline performance within a Domain.
- Interfaces with designated Bechtel management and client counterparts for specific schedule presentations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the- job training for specific processes and practices.
- Supervises the timely preparation of schedules. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, schedule and cost data between the projects.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to customer delivery teams.
- Manages workforce planning at a Domain level
- Participates in evaluating discipline specific workload and staffing plans.
- Participates in DE&S Project Controls Committee activities.
- Provides comments and recommendations for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for planning and scheduling activities. Provides coaching and mentoring during proposal development and reviews.
- Interfaces with designated DE&S management and client counterparts for specific scheduling presentations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Conducts personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Provides coaching and supervision during the collection, verification, and integration of work scope for all entities into a total project plan. Supervises the timely preparation of schedules.
- Identifies project needs for schedule control in accordance with established DE&S and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures. Supervises the timely performance of schedule control activities.
- Provides mentoring and coaching in support of cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards. Verifies consistency across the DE&S portfolio. Responsible for issuing reports required by DE&S management and project procedures.
- Supervises investigating requirements for schedule data for a specific discipline or other specialty applications. Identifies needs for schedule support for the project, and recommends development or modification of scheduling data standards.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification.
- Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion.
- Supervises investigating requirements for schedule data for specific discipline or other specialty applications.
- Identifies needs for schedule analysis support for the project, and recommends development or modification of scheduling data standards. Supervises performance of schedule analysis activities within the project.
- Creates and implements measurement systems for given processes, analyzes performance metric results, and identifies improvements. Uses statistical tools to analyze metrics (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, correlation), and analyzes measurement systems to identify bias, repeatability, and stability issues.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Experienced user of Oracle Primavera P6.
- Thorough knowledge of baseline development, schedule performance management, control and analysis; performing monitoring and change management.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
- Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory, and personnel administrative functions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct.
- With minimal supervision using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical schedule maangement skills and practices.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to present Project Controls information to management/client.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Knowledge of engineering and cost management activities customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Knowledge of current industry practices and technical developments.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.