|Job Ref:||10837BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stepps||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:06|
ESD is a joint venture between MWH, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water's Non Infrastructure Programme from 2015-2021. |
ESD will oversee the delivery of design and build projects throughout Scotland and the highlands for the client's water and wastewater treatment programme.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Lead and manage assigned projects, utilising a multi discipline project team (including the clients representatives) to review, accept and deliver projects efficiently through SW Capex 1 to 2 process
• Work with the Client's Team to maximise efficient delivery and alignment to ESD and Scottish Water's requirements.
• Ensuring stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison and compliance with relevant standards and procedures, with appropriate regard to risk to the health and safety of all concerned and ensuring good customer satisfaction
• Manage assigned projects through the SW Cx 1 -2 process to agreed outputs and deadlines
• Maintain good relationships with Client, Joint Venture partners and Suppliers at all levels.
• Ensure integrated Project Execution Plans are developed for projects, whilst aligning execution strategy with the ESD Cx 2 -6 Project Managers.
• Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages
• Ensuring, in conjunction with the ESD Design Manager, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project
• Forecasting specific resource needs based on project demands using information from the Client and ESD Core Team
• Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates
• Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
• Have detailed working knowledge and experience of project management practices from scheme conception through to end user acceptance
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• Previous Project Management experience
• Degree or equivalent qualification
• Experience in multidisciplinary process plant schemes
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
• Knowledge and experience of Off-Site construction techniques
• Interest & desire to be innovative
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
• Experience in Water Industry in Scotland
• Experience in using Primavera or planning software.
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline
• Flexibility to travel and make contacts in remote locations
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)