|Job Ref:||38462||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 05:06|
Job Description Summary: |
Reporting to the shift Group Leader you will be responsible for ensuring that daily production is satisfied to meet customer demand.
• Complete the manning board daily.
• Ensure pre-shift checks are done daily.
• Ensure the correct PPE is available and being used.
• Monitor process cycle times and support where needed.
• Respond to Andon calls and take appropriate actions to correct/manage problems.
• Ensure team members are following standardised work.
• Monitor stock of parts and call shortages to logistics.
• Ensure TPM is complete up to date.
• Ensure 5S condition is maintained.
• Inform Group Leader if overtime is required to complete daily tasks.
• Support overtime if required.
• Compile team member data daily and monthly.
• Compile Andon data daily and weekly.
• Attend any meetings requiring Team Leader presence.
• Plan team member development and maintain versatility matrix.
• Track Kaizen activity and support team members to implement.
• Support Group Leader with accident/near miss investigation
• Countermeasure demerits from assembly processes.
• Lead Pre Shift meeting when Group Leader is unavailable.
• Call overtime when Group Leader is unavailable.
• Ensure team member break times are adhered to.
• Stand in for Group Leader when not on site.
Job Holder Requirements:
• Experience of working in assembly operations
• Clear demonstration of management and leadership skills
• Knowledge of 5S and continuous improvement
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to meet deadlines and deliver production targets
• Comfortable working under pressure
• A good knowledge of systems and procedures and a motivation to use systems and procedures to drive efficiency and improvement
• As part of the legal requirement to comply with international trade controls, Crompton Technology Group Limited ("CTG") will require all candidates to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check including criminal record checks. In addition CTG will check the identity of all employees against various government denied party lists prior to making a formal offer of employment.
Key EH&S requirements
• Adheres to UTC's Cardinal rules and relevant site specific safety requirements
• Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of themselves and that of their colleagues, raising hazards and issues to supervision where appropriate
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks, which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.