WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
Here is your opportunity to work on the first ever high-speed rail program in the U.S. while growing your career on a groundbreaking project. The California High-Speed Rail program will connect the mega-regions of the state, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands. By 2029, the system will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour. The system will also extend to Sacramento and San Diego, totaling 800 miles with up to 24 stations.
The California High Speed Rail Authority has awarded WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff the Program Management role within the Rail Delivery Partners (RDP) program delivery team. As a result we have an immediate opportunity for a P
• Provide project management for PMIS project scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality, issues, risks, and deliverables.
• Develop, communicate, and execute a high impact PMIS strategic vision which is aligned with short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
• Provide technical management for the business process mapping, requirements gathering, and system design process to verify that PMIS supports the efforts to plan, execute, and close projects for California High-Speed Rail.
• Validate PMIS system capabilities to support: integration management; scope management; schedule management; cost estimating; cost control; quality management; resource management; communications management; change management; procurement management; and project stakeholder management.
• Direct activities of PMIS staff and sub-contractors and verify appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful implementation of PMIS.
• Develop, establish, and deliver operational objectives, work plans, progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, issues and risks logs; action item registers; and presentations as required by senior management and stakeholders.
• Provide support and interpretation of business requirements, rules, and processes.
• Provide oversight and support for the implementation, configuration, and integration of PMIS.
• Provide change management and release management support for PMIS functionality.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Display proactive willingness to learn and understand PMIS software technologies and the mechanics of implementation and deployment.
• Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of project controls and project management.
• Facilitate system replacement and the migration of data from legacy systems.
• Verify the PMIS delivery processes and capabilities meet or exceed client expectations.
• BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or another relevant field
• At least fifteen years relevant experience including Program/Project Management delivery using information systems to deliver projects
• PMP and/or technical certifications preferred
• The ability to work in the United States immediately, local candidates preferred
EOE / Veteran / Disability / Gender (M-F) / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation