Job Type: Full Time & Permanent (double day shift)
Salary: £14.35 per hour plus shift uplift
My client is a leading aerospace business who work on leading civil and military projects for some of the world's most highly regarded aerospace and defence companies.
Due to continued growth they are currently looking to recruit a number of Mechanical Fitters to join their business on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Mechanical Fitter you will be responsible for the manufacture, assembly, installation, commission and maintenance of hardware products and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will possess experience of assembling and fitting complex mechanical assemblies ideally from an aerospace background however other backgrounds will be considered.
- Interpret engineering drawings, documents, manuals and technical instructions.
- Work in accordance with drawings and technical documentation.
- Be skilled in the use of measuring equipment and be able to interpret accurately measurements.
- Use of hand tools, power tools and any other equipment required to undertake manufacture.
- Have a working knowledge of the materials and products that you are working with in the manufacturing process.
- Plan and coordinate manufacturing activities in liaison with Team Leader and Supervisor.
- Ensure the preservation of materials, work in progress and equipment during manufacture, assembly and installation.
- Ensure all material issues are accurately booked against the works order and material usage controlled.
- Post production activities must be attended to include the return of spare material, production tools and Client drawings.
- Ensure that good housekeeping of the manufacturing environment is maintained in all areas at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as identified from time to time by your Team Leader or Supervisor.
This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects along with genuine long term career opportunities.
Please note: this role is a full time, permanent opportunity based in Manchester working on a double day shift basis.