|Job Ref:||EMP373778||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Blackburn||Address:||Post Code:||AB21||Salary:||£31,500 - £43,500/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
Job Purpose: Produce Application Suggestions, Tender Submissions and Design Submissions for reinforced soil, walls, slopes and stabilisation projects, providing clients with quotations and advice on product and technical specifications. |
An understanding of Civil Engineering and soil mechanics
• Prepare accurate and timely Application Suggestions (AS) using company proprietary and CAD software, liaising and advising clients as necessary in order to secure specification in tender documents.
• Prepare and provide clients with cost effective Tender Submissions (TS) calculating unit rates and costings of construction using Company products in order to secure sales.
• Produce fully indemnified Design Submissions (DS) as part of the legally binding contract documentation.
• Identify, analyse and design out potential risks within projects at the AS,TS an DS stages liaising with the Design Manager and Senior Design Engineer(s) as necessary in order to comply with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Construction Design Manufacture (CDM) regulations and minimize exposure to potential claims.
• Assist Area Civil Engineers, as required, at technical seminars/presentations in order to promote Company products and solutions and improve Sales.
• Maintain continuous personal development (CPD) in order to keep up to date with Company products/policies and technology development.
• B. Eng. Degree with geotechnical modules – (preferred) or HND with 3+ years’ experience of highways/infrastructure projects
• A solid working knowledge of AutoCAD
• An understanding of Civil Engineering and soil mechanics
• Previous experience in designing with geosynthetics would be an advantage.
• Current Driving Licence would be an advantage
• Self-motivated – works with a high degree of autonomy.
• Team player
• Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate cross functionally and across all levels
• Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written – must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills communicating with tact and diplomacy.
• Judgement – must display a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgement in a timely manner.
• Adherence to Company Company Values
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK