|Job Ref:||EMP373807||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cowes||Address:||Post Code:||PO31||Salary:||£56/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
We currently have a contractor vacancy for a Firmware Engineer with BAE Systems in Cowes, Isle of Wight, this is an initial 6 month contract paying £56.41/hr. |
Recent experience and appreciation of firmware design including VHDL.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will undertake design and validation tasks in respect of both new products and the on-going support of existing products. You will deliver detailed firmware designs across a number of technologies to requirements defined by the project teams, and support test and debug on system hardware.
Your main responsibilities as Firmware Engineer will involve:
- Designing and developing firmware from specification through to release into service. There will be specific focus on the implementation of Digital Signal Processing algorithms.
- Transforming and contextualising the team’s requirements into detailed designs
- Interfacing with related disciplines including electronic engineering, mechanical/thermal engineering, ILS (Integrated Logistics Support), Safety, and Product Data Management
- Verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, test, and assurance techniques
- Contributing to progress and design reviews.
Your skills and qualifications as Firmware Engineer :
- A degree in Electronic Engineering (or another degree with relevant firmware/hardware bias)
- Recent experience and appreciation of firmware design including VHDL.
-Familiarity with Xilinx FPGAs and CPLDs and associated development tools
- Experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment
- Relevant industry standards such as: IEC 61058
What we're looking for in you:
You will have a clear and concise communicative skillset, an honest hardworking approach to everyday tasks and an approachable manner. You will be organised and have the ability to deliver designs to defined timescales.