|Job Ref:||EMP373815||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:29|
One of our clients in the leisure marine industry is looking for a Software Development Engineer to carry out Embedded C Development activities for multiple projects across the marine products development teams.|
Embedded C, RTOS, Device Drivers
The ideal candidate is comfortable developing within an embedded RTOS environment, some exposure or knowledge of C++ strengthens an application but is not essential.
The main responsibilities of this Software Development role include:
- Producing software analysis, software design, C/ C++ coding, software testing and documentation in line with the project requirements.
- Participating in preparing all specifications and documentation relating to a given product.
- Participating in peer reviews of team tasks.
- Take responsibility for own tasks/deliverables
- Maintain strong departmental and inter-departmental communications.
- Keep in touch with the external environment - emerging technologies, technical innovations, changes in design practices and up to date tools.
- Competitor awareness - be aware who the main competitors are and be aware of the products/features they offer.
Formal Education/Qualifications required:
- BSc/BEng in Electronic Engineering or similar discipline with at least a 2:1 honours, or equivalent relevant experience
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Multi-threaded programming/RTOS
- Embedded Development
- Device Driver Development
Additional relevant skills:
- Object Oriented Design with UML
- Embedded Linux
- Green Hills tools
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK