|Job Ref:||139986BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:13|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Our Transportation team currently have a vacancy in our York office for an E&P Engineer with experience of working on Network Rail's infrastructure, London Underground and/or metro / light rail networks. AECOM are currently expanding their already substantial rail engineering team in York following several major project wins.
The successful candidate will be working towards professional qualification with solid post graduate experience in the rail environment. You will have proven design management experience of delivering projects to client's satisfaction at the appropriate standard, ensuring accuracy of drawings and calculations, ensuring designs are economic and appropriate and that the relevant codes and standards are complied with. You will have strong business development and client relationships skills and the ability to develop and manage the work of others. You will also have the technical ability and knowledge and competence to guide and teach others.
The team provides design, assessment, inspection, construction support and management services on a wide range of rail projects. The team is involved in projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East with a variety of clients. Our services offered to our clients include feasibility studies, scheme designs and detailed designs.
Our clients are from the private and public sector and include HS2, Network Rail, London Underground, TFL, Nexus, TfGM, SYPTE, Centro and Croydon Tramlink, as well as various Tier 1 contractors. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international Rail infrastructure projects. The team provides design, assessment, inspection, construction support and management services on a wide range of rail projects.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job/ Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards.
• Receive brief from Project Manager.
• Contribute to concept design.
• Develop detailed design for Project Manager approval.
• Attend design team meetings as appropriate.
• Obtain design information from sub-consultants.
• Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
• Liaise with CAD Technician for production of drawings.
• Prepare technical reports.
• Send detailed design information to external parties.
• Formulate the project specifications for construction.
• Respond to queries resulting from the tender process.
• Attend site during construction phase if necessary to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications/drawings. • Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety file.
• Complete timesheets on a daily basis, allocating time correctly against job numbers.
• Understand the basis of fees and costs.
• Understand own contribution and impact on projects and develop an awareness of the implications for projects through the project management system.
• Work within the financial and programme constraints and consider financial implications in producing design options.
• Contribute and provide information for fee proposals.
AECOM Reference: RailMEchElec
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.