Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the Company's transformation strategy is aligned to the latest B-BBEE legislative and regulatory codes while maximising the benefit to the Company. This position will be based in Centurion.
- Design, implement and manage the group's transformation strategy.
- Leading the transformation strategy and championing the process of improving the transformation status
- Driving local Enterprise & Supplier Development initiatives
- Implementing change management initiatives.
- Liaising with various business units to identify business needs.
- Experience in ensuring effective and efficient identification, appointment and management of B-BBEE measurement and performance of verification agencies.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with statutory reporting with a view of achieving the B-BBEE targets
- Experience in successful implementation of Transformation strategies in line with the new codes
Leadership Behaviours and Competencies:
Personal attributes, qualities or competencies needed for the role:
- Self-motivated, dedicated team player with a proactive approach in managing and seeking to continuously improve the function
- Ability to set priorities, and the discipline to execute to those priorities
- Able to see issues from a strategic perspective; understands the connection between issues affecting a business organization and larger economic and social concerns
- Able to master the complex technical and cultural mix of AECOM's businesses and balance the diverse interests and priorities
- Forward thinking and proactive on legislative, regulatory and public policy issues
- Strong business acumen. Understands drivers of corporate profitability
- Thoughtful and execution-minded with the ability to offer actionable opinions
- Effective at creating a consensus around strategic initiatives utilizing a collaborative engaging decision-making process
- Sensitive to political and cultural issues
- Strong influencer with a track record of effectively influencing employees and cross-functional teams
- Broad understanding of rule-making and legislative processes at national level and ability to identify and engage key decision makers within government
- Personal presence, communication skills and credibility to effectively interact with and influence enterprise management, as well as work with a diverse group of highly motivated professionals
- Integrity and good judgment are extremely important
- Established record of providing clients with advice that blends government relations experience, expert legislative knowledge and a keen understanding of a client's business objectives
- Experience of working across functions and delivering results based on harnessing the power of virtual teams and resources
- Ability to work through complex issues to quickly identify most priority and focus areas
- Strong and sophisticated influencing skills with track record of operating at executive level
- Experience working with complex organizations to map out key decision makers / stakeholders
- Ideally, 10 years experience within a corporation and/or consulting transformation role working with the B-BBEE legislative and regulatory codes
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.