|Job Ref:||DMC1||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 55,000 per year||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:21|
Are you an existing Design Engineer looking to elevate & progress you career? You are in luck, we are currently working with a well established specialist geotechnical and structural firm with national capabilities based in Yorkshire. |
My Client, a nationwide contractor with fantastic history and reputation in the geotechnical and structural industry are looking for an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join a forward thinking team based in Sheffield.
The package on offer is:
* £45/55k basic salary.
* Car or car allowance.
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
* Death in service cover.
* Life cover.
As the successful Senior Design Engineer you will need the following:
* Chartered Engineer or close to chartered status with a Degree or Masters level qualification
* Preferably 10 years or more direct experience in the design and construction of deep foundations
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in written form both internally and externally.
* Detailed working knowledge of the latest geotechnical and structural design methods and design codes along with their application in the design of piles and embedded retaining walls.
* Good knowledge of software packages such as WALLAP, Oasys suite (Adsec, Adcol)
* Ability with Finite Element software no required but would be advantageous
* Good working knowledge of construction processes, methods and site practices.
* Understanding of designer's role and responsibilities under current legislation.
* Ability to identify, assess and highlight technical and commercial risks
The main purpose of the role is to provide design information and technical advice in all disciplines for estimating and construction purposes within the Group.
In the Design Manager role you will have the following duties:
* Prepare robust yet competitive designs in accordance with Works Procedures. Designs to cover bearing piles and retaining walls (secant/contiguous/diaphragm walls), and use all techniques (CFA, rotary, minipile).
* Provide technical and design support to all BSL departments. This will require both the ability to work as an individual and as part of a team depending on the project.
* Attend external meetings with Clients as part of tendering teams
* Contribute to the continued improvement of the design process within the department.
* Keep up to date with current technological and design developments through Continuing Personal Development.
* Mentoring students and graduate designers
* Support Chief Engineer in maintaining assurance levels through ensuring internal procedures are followed, and involvement in internal and external audits
If you're looking to take the next-step in your career by joining an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.