Requisition ID: |
General Job Description
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
General Job Description
Serves as Senior Piping Field Engineer with ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight support the Construction installation of pipe on Greenfield portion of the West Nile Delta Project.
- University/B. S degree in Mechanical Engineering is desired but may be waived if equivalent industry experience can be demonstrated.
- Extensivepiping field engineering experience.
- Understanding of applicable Bechtel work processes including Standard Work Process Procedures is preferred.
- Experience in oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, minerals processing or power generating station construction is preferred.
- Familiarity with Bechtel Standard Applications (BSAPs) including InfoWorks, TEAMWorks, BPS, PTR, and other automation tools which are used on Bechtel projects is an asset.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards is required.
- Excellent communication and problem solving ability
- Provide technical assistance to the piping superintendents and crafts.
- Implementation of the project ES&H program and quality control program.
- Develop and implement Inspection and Test Plans for major piping activities.
- Inspection of field installations and completion of associated documentation on a continuing basis, and complete the final P&ID checks prior to turnover.
- Responsible for quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting for all piping quantities.
- Assist supervision and project controls in the preparation of detailed work plans and short-term schedules.
- Responsible for the development of piping work packages in conjunction with supervision.
- Prepare field change documentation and as-built documentation as required.
- Interpret design drawings and interface with engineering office to resolve design and constructability issues.
- Responsible for the development of pressure test packages and responsible for witnessing and verifying and acceptance.
- Work with suppliers to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Prepare material requisitions, coordinate and review vendor drawings.
- Work with Procurement's expediting team to ensure the delivery of vendor materials to support the project schedule.
- Work within TEAMWorks to verify accurate data from engineering and suppliers.
- Ensure that materials are stored properly to ensure environmental protection.
- Complete material receipt inspections as required.
- Assist with preparation of construction estimates.
- This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.