The Wylfa Newydd Project will be executed by an Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) Joint Venture (JV) company comprised of Hitachi, Bechtel, and Japanese Gas Company entities. The project will be performed by an integrated team delivering the EPC functions. The physical construction works will be supported by local, regional, national, and European Union contractors coordinated in a direct control construction management and direct hire environment.
- Job Title: Indirects Manager
- Requisition ID: 176907
- Project: Wylfa
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Assigned to a field construction organization in a supervisory or managerial position. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities within assigned area of responsibility, which may be a single area, multi-area or a multidiscipline construction project. May be the primary client contact for all job-site activities, or may coordinate with client's resident representatives on job-site activities within assigned area of operations. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned job-site operations are in compliance with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
- Responsible for job-site operations, as assigned, including all onsite activities of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility.
- Approve the layout of temporary construction facilities for the project.
- Overall responsibility for craft worker safety on the project in accordance with Bechtel's established Zero Accidents safety program.
- Supervises all direct hire Superintendents assigned to the project. Manages project direct hire work practices. Monitor actual work performance against the project budget and schedule.
- Ensures the quality of work performed meets requirements. Review the project design to identify potential changes that will improve the constructability of the work. Identify construction critical items that have the potential of impacting the work schedule.
- Develop and implement a plan for system and area turnovers that coordinates the activities of all craft disciplines.
- Monitor quantity reporting process.
- Responsible for the field organization to ensure the job-site organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization. Monitor General Foreman/Foreman and Foreman/Worker ratios on the project. Ensure that craft work on the project is effectively using project automation tools.
- Establishes, coordinates and implements construction schedules, manning charts, material and equipment requirements. Sets and meets project cost and schedule targets.
- Controls job-site expenditures, in assigned area, for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within the budget
- Monitor construction equipment utilization and maintenance. Monitor tool usage at site. Approve Filed Materials Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensure that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
- Develop a plan for project transportation services.
- Develop forecast labor unit rates, field distributable rates and construction equipment costs for the project.
- Responsible for craft jurisdictional assignments in accordance with the Labor Agreement.
- Responsible for overall supervision of all personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures employee reviews are conducted on all assigned personnel and counseling programs are maintained
- Assesses needs and ensure Training and Development plans are identified for all personnel. Ensures subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Develop craft training plan for the project.
- Responsible for labor relations/industrial relations, as assigned, and coordinates the activities with designated manager and/or corporate Labor Relations/Industrial Relations Departments.
- Ensures construction site cleanliness and housekeeping requirements are met.
- Implements safety programs and ensures strict adherence to federal and state safety codes.
- Administers a security plan and coordinates the activities with corporate Security Department.
- Responsible for administration of assigned area(s) contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
- Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules.
- Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
- Ensures that all Bechtel, State and Federal safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility.
- Monitor project compliance with the Environmental Control Plan.
- Monitor job site work rule compliance.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent in job-site supervisory positions. Function on behalf of the Site Manager when the Site Manager is off-site or not available.
- Ensures corporate policies and SWPP procedures are fully implemented. Establishes field procedures to be worked in conjunction with the SWPPs, as necessitated by conditions at a job-site.
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of all engineering disciplines, all construction technologies and job-site management.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements.
- General awareness of environmental laws.
- Knowledge of government compliance standards.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Computer literate in timekeeping, word processing, spreadsheet, and technical database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Knowledge of current industry quality standards.
- Knowledge of local labor laws and issues.
Knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND
- Work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.