Office Managing Director - Atlanta|
We are looking for an Office Managing Director to manage our Building office in Atlanta Georgia, with a primary focus on MEP engineering design services and specialty design expertise in Lab Planning + Design and Advanced Technologies. The person will be responsible for the profitable operation of the office - including business development and revenue generation, client contact, oversight of office operation, cash management and overhead.
Reporting to the regional Executive Vice President, the position requires a motivated professional who is able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Grow the business in Atlanta from 35 to 85 staff by 2020.
• Maintain and leverage the current Science + Technology and Higher Education expertise, and continue to develop the Healthcare and Commercial market in Atlanta and the southeast.
• Ensures the achievement of short and long-term goals for operations, workforce planning, financial performance and growth.
• Responsible for marketing the firm's services, acquiring and signing contracts, and serving as the firm's responsible contact with specific clients.
• Directs all activities of the office including budgets, sales, cash management and overhead management.
• Acts as Practice Builder to provide leadership in planning, directing and implementing an aggressive marketing/business plan to leverage existing relationships and develop new relationships to get additional work.
• Acts as client/project manager for major clients and provide leadership to staff assigned to the projects.
• Builds a strong and effective team based upon the principles of leadership and empowerment.
• Attracts experienced staff members, who bring client relationships, strong technical credentials, and a solid reputation.
• Manages/expands existing client relationships and pursues new client relationships.
Minimum credentials include:
• A minimum of 15 years' experience in progressively responsible roles in a multi-office private service sector firm of similar size in the Architectural/Engineering field
• Established presence in the Atlanta or Southeast region marketplace with solid client relations
• Dynamic personality and approach to business development
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Healthcare and Science Technology Industry experience
• A track record of successful management of large-scale projects with appropriate references
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
• BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Professional engineering licensure is required
• LEED Certification preferred
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff uses E-verify by the USCIS to verify that new hires are authorized to work in the United States. Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation