|Job Ref:||EMP373847||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Highways & Transport||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||Address:||Salary:||£25 - £30/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
A Street lighting Design Engineer is required for a contract role to start ASAP. |
Street Lighting Design Experience
The role involves assisting in providing an efficient and effective service to our customers, delivering the planned works and services within their function and ensuring that the challenges of delivering the vision and priorities are met.
Liaising as required with Elected Members, District Councils, Developers and strategic partners and other providers, the role is to assist with the implementation of the programmes of work relevant to an operational or service area in accordance with the strategies and policies.
• To carry out street lighting designs and assess lighting designs for developers, consultants and their associates, working closely with internal and external clients.
• To carry out inspections, surveys, attend meetings and produce reports for lighting installations to ensure compliance with specifications.
• To contribute to the team’s performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
• To assist with audits to ensure safety, quality and environmental standards are met by implementing policies and procedures.
• To assist with the identification of schemes and services for the future programmes as appropriate.
• To provide assistance to the team in relation to all aspects covered within the function of the group. Assist with the use of systems and data for collating and reporting relevant performance and management information.
• To provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
• To understand the overall functions, aims and directions, and how their specific area of responsibility fits into those objectives.
• Support Health & Safety, with the aim of minimising work related injuries by implementing policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Detailed knowledge in street lighting design.
• Skilled in the use of lighting design software - AutoCAD etc.
• Experience in highway lighting engineering and designing electrical cable systems for highway power supplies.
• Proven competency to work on street lighting furniture within the Highway.
• HNC, A-level education or equivalent qualification, or experience in highway lighting.
• Membership of or working towards a relevant Professional Institution is desirable including evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge of current Highway Legislation, relevant design procedures and standards and good practice.
• Knowledge of budgetary governance and controls.
• Knowledge of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures including the use of specialist software tools as required.
• Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
• Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities. Manages own performance and seeks feedback to improve where identified.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
• Conversant with Microsoft applications– Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint etc.
• Required to be mobile throughout an operational area and therefore a valid driving licence and use of car where not provided, unless the role can be undertaken effectively by alternative transport arrangements.
• Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (including report writing).
• Proven ability to act as a valuable team player.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always happy to have a chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK