Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
We are currently looking to recruit an ambitious Manager Internal Controls (m/f) for our headquarters in Berlin. This position will report to the Head of Internal Controls and will directly interact with top management.
The Internal Controls Team is responsible to manage the compliance process of Bombardier in line with the legislation issued by the Ontario Security Commission (OSC) and support financial governance via the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of the internal control system. The position overseas the management of a team of specialists based across different Bombardier TransportationT sites worldwide to deliver on the annual internal controls cycle. In addition,the OSC Manager actively contributes to the process improvement and/or other special finance driven projects, requiring OSC internal controls expertise.
- Manage a team of specialists by fulfilling both direct and matrix manager roles
- Lead all the internal controls assessment activities within the Control Environments under responsibility:
- Ensure that the Bombardier OSC methodology & tools are consistently applied in the performance of the internal control assessment
- Monitor the gap remediation process and implementation of action plan
- Manage support to business process owners regarding their internal control responsibilities, assessment and testing of internal controls
- Manage process for documentation updates of Bombardier Transportation business processes and internal controls ensuring OSC compliance
- Manage preparation and presentation of quarterly status reports to Bombardier Transportation Certifiers
- Regular execution of quality reviews for all environments
- Support the Head of Internal Controls on the annual scoping process and on assigned projects
- Align audit plans and collaborate with external auditor and internal audit functions (CASRA) to avoid duplication of audit work
- Establish and spread knowledge across the decentralized organization through active involvement in regular workshops and teleconferences
- Support training sessions and training requirements for OSC Specialists and Business Process Owners
- Participate in identification, prioritization, scheduling of finance improvement initiatives
- Provide OSC related, process improvement knowledge support to special finance driven projects
- Ensure appropriate staffing, training & development of OSC Specialists
- Manage performance and competency model of the OSC Specialists team members
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting, or Computer Science/Information Systems
- Professional certification CISA is mandatory; CISM; CGEIT, CRISC or CIA are an advantage
- Other postgraduate/ professional accounting qualification is an advantage (CPAACCA, CFA, CIMA etc.)
- Strong background and excellent understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, information security, general IT controls, application controls as well as in financial risk assessment and related audits are essential
- Big 4 and financial accounting experience is an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills and critical mind-set, strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Fluency in English, any other language is a plus.
Your ideas move people.