the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We have an immediate opening for a Maintenance Cost Analyst in the Customer Support, Maintenance Engineering organization in Toronto, reporting to the Chief of Aircraft Economics supporting the Commercial Aircraft product line.
In your role, you will:
- Collect, analyze, and calculate cost data for input into maintenance cost model for CRJ, Q Series and C Series aircraft.
- Calculate, report and monitor predicted Direct Maintenance Cost (DMC) for major components.
- Assist Aircraft Economics Working Group (AEWG) activities.
- Support development and monitoring of aircraft direct maintenance cost guarantees.
- Support internal and external customer requests for DMC planning material and labour estimates.
- Identify high cost drivers and initiate innovative solutions to reduce those costs.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Programs and Planning (MPP) and the Maintenance Data Analysis (MDA) groups to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Analyze all maintenance cost data (repair station, heavy/line maintenance, non-routine, labour, etc), for trends, inconsistencies, and problem areas and initiate potential improvements.
- Assist in performing on-site technical evaluations for customer and recommend improvements
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- You have a University degree in Engineering combined with at least two (2) years experience in Aerospace Industry or College Diploma in Aviation Technology combined with at least five (5) years experience in the Aerospace Industry
- You have proven technical knowledge with aircraft systems and documentation. Airline/manufacturer maintenance cost, reliability and engineering experience is a definite asset
- You have strong analytical abilities and some experience using statistics to resolve engineering problems.
- You are self-motivated, results oriented, you are able to work independently, as well as prioritize tasks and manage multiple time sensitive initiatives simultaneously
- You are proficient with the Microsoft Suite products - especially Excel, Access and Visual Basic.
- You have excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You demonstrate a sound business acumen
- You have strong project management experience
- Occasional travel may be required
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.