Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide. |
We are currently looking to recruit:
Big Data Expert
Purpose of the job
Act as expert in the field of Big Data (structured and unstructured data sets which are so large that traditional data processing applications are inadequate). Perform data analysis and analyze different solutions, internal and external, prototype solutions. Collaborate with development teams in enhancing existing products or creating new solutions for collecting and analysis of data.
- Analyze the problem domains of Big Data within RCS (Rail Control Solutions Division) specifically related to Infrastructure Management
- Define solutions to solve the data processing and analysis. This involves investigation of ongoing product development. It also involves investigation of external solutions which would best fit the problem domain.
- Work with the Solution Managers and the development teams especially the MDC (Maintenance Diagnostic Centre) team to define which parts of the problem domain should be solved within the MDC product and which parts would be better solved with other tools.
- Work with the development teams to solve issues related to handling of large mass of data in terms of performance parameters, such as storage, analysis and response times.
- Analyze existing data and continuously grow the RCS knowledge of complex data analysis by providing information and trainings throughout the organization.
- Minimum relevant Bachelors in Engineering or Finance equivalent
- Good English skills both spoken and written
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience required
- Deep knowledge and experience of Big Data layers like Data, Analysis, Integration and Decision
- Knowledge of techniques and solutions like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, Drill, Dremel, Flume, Storm, Statistical programming using R.
- Participation in projects aimed at improving solutions which are used by millions of people daily all around the world
- Working with high-class professionals and gaining experience in a multinational organization
- Active involvement in working out your development and training plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (private medical care, group insurance, private pension plan, Christmas and Easter vouchers, Multisport card)
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.