|Job Ref:||1617483||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Thames||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 22:10|
Reports to: Principal software engineer |
Supervises: No direct reports
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Architect and Develop embedded user interface for safety systems, as part of a Research & Development team in a World-leading multinational organisation
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design, Code & Test user interface for embedded systems
• Plan and manage Software contribution to development projects
• Lead a team of product specialists
• Provide third-level support to field engineers
• Maintain released products
• Identify & record metrics for Software activities
• Liaise with other departments including Product Support, Technical Authors & SQA
• Job will involve some International travel
Essential Skills & Experience
• 2 years of embedded software development experience.
• Proven experience of real-time software development, ideally Linux/RTEMS
• Professional C and C experience in an embedded environment
• Good Understanding of Digital Electronics
• Experience of the software lifecycle from concept, to production, and into maintenance
• University degree (or equivalent), ideally in computer science
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience in Fire detection (desirable but not essential).
• Experience developing user interface using QT framework
• Experience in communication protocols over serial, Ethernet.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional and enthusiastic approach to work with willingness to learn new technologies
• Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving
• Pro-active and self motivating
• Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
If you feel you have the experience, qualification and the drive to prosper within our organisation, please apply today!
Please submit your application using the "Apply Online" button.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Adrianna Bednarska, Talent Acquisition Specialist, NA . Please provide the reference number 1617483 in your inquiry.